• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#361
ParanoidObsessive posted...
I'm not sure how to feel about it. Part of me thinks it could be a really cool movie, because I like the premise, and I liked the original comic. But I feel like this might be based on the newer version of the character (which I neither really know or care about), and, well... Vin Diesel.

Anything with Vin Diesel is really cool... except maybe the Pacifier.

Also, it kind of sucks that it seems like the trailer gives away the biggest twist of the movie, but sadly that seems to be the world we live in now. Pretty much every trailer these days more or less spell out the entire plot of a movie from the opening credits right up to the last 15 minutes or so.

Which is one reason I try to avoid watching trailers for most things I already intend to see. Honestly, even the written synopsis occasionally gives too much away.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
Zeus posted...
Anything with Vin Diesel is really cool... except maybe the Pacifier.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#363
I finally watched Over the Garden Wall. And then had to immediately re-watch it.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
4 weeks ago#364
Metalsonic66 posted...
I finally watched Over the Garden Wall. And then had to immediately re-watch it.

I'm hoping they do more. It was delightfully weird and felt like it came from nowhere.

Also, the big crazy show I worked on earlier this year, Daybreak, is out on Netflix this Thursday. Tune in if you like the idea of Mad Max meets The Warriors meets The Walking Dead, with Scott Pilgrim vs the World and Ferris Bueller's day Off vibes thrown in. And characters like "Turbo Bro Jock" and "Baron Triumph."
PotD's resident Film Expert.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#365
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
I'm hoping they do more.
I think it would be neat to see some stories based around some of the characters who live in the Unknown. But doing more stories with Wirt and Greg at this point would be pointless IMO.

Supposedly one of the comics is canon though
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

CyborgSage00x0
4 weeks ago#366
So, the final Star Wars trailer is out, and basically confirms the script leaks are true. Which means this movies might even be worse than TLJ somehow.
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
So, the final Star Wars trailer is out, and basically confirms the script leaks are true.

Which ones did you have in mind? There've been a lot of them, and at least some are kind of mutually exclusive.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
4 weeks ago#368
Maybe they have no idea and the leaks were market research. Though I'm excited for the movie for the wrong reasons.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#369
Still occasionally playing Ultimate NES Challenge, which is probably the most I've played a non-Pokemon Go game in recent years (mostly because I barely game these days). So far the game has reminded me:

-How much I hate Doctor Mario (I have a feeling he's not a real doctor!)

-How annoying the old Mario Bros arcade game is (seriously, those f***ing game physics)

-How weird Zelda II is. I guess I never got that far through it originally, probably because it was a rental.

-That I should replay Mario 2 one of these days (and finish replaying SMB3 on the 3DS)

-That I might never have played a Kirby game (or, at least, for any length of time

-That I'm not sure how much I played of the original Metroid (although I loved the remake)

-That I should probably get around to finishing Kid Icarus 3D (a port of the original with 3D effects) one of these days

Otherwise, I'm not sure if ExciteBike sucks or I just really haven't figured out the mechanics. Balloon Fight has been an interesting surprise, though.

CyborgSage00x0 posted...
So, the final Star Wars trailer is out, and basically confirms the script leaks are true. Which means this movies might even be worse than TLJ somehow.

Meaning more Rose & Finn side adventures that ultimately just f*** over the Rebellion... errr, the New Republic or whatever they're calling themselves?
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

CyborgSage00x0
4 weeks ago#370
Which ones did you have in mind? There've been a lot of them, and at least some are kind of mutually exclusive.
The JediPaxis ones, specifically.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Topic Closed