• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: Mad_Max

Mad_Max
4 weeks ago#351
I'm with PO on Meaning>LoB>HG.
Terminal Crazy
http://i.imgur.com/R9TrmGD.jpg
Metalsonic66 posted...
I read somewhere that many fans put it at a close third

Probably because it doesn't really go in for some of the more blatant comedy of the earlier two. At times it almost skews into straight up philosophical musing, which is a large part of what puts it over the top for me.

Holy Grail may be the goofy one that D&D nerds enjoy quoting around gaming tables (at least in the old days), but Meaning of Life actually makes you think and feel more, without having to sacrifice laughs. And then they throw stuff like Mr. Creosote in to keep it all from feeling too pretentious. It's some of the most intellectual humor you get out of Python.

The three films are almost an evolution over time, which might be because the performers themselves were maturing over the decade or so they were making them. Holy Grail is mostly goofy, Life of Brian is kind of looking at the world, and Meaning of Life is almost introspective.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#353
Interesting breakdown
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#354
I found a good mattress set for 150 and tax. My work approved of me having Nov 11 off. Yes, things are happenening fast, but that is to be expected when things line up properly. Compare to the high desert where I had grown up, and of course things are moving at all now rather than lying stagnant or diminishing. That desert was a vacuum.

I'm excited by this, but now I also need to get back to my writing so I can publish more novels.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
4 weeks ago#355
What's the difference between a high desert and a normal one?
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 weeks ago#356
Revelation34 posted...

Altitude. 😒
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Revelation34 posted...

Altitude. 😒

Literally this.

But also, "The High Desert" is a specific region in California.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#358
ParanoidObsessive posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Revelation34 posted...

Altitude. 😒

Literally this.

But also, "The High Desert" is a specific region in California.

Such, in this case, is a valley where LA County meets Mojave at around the 2200 foot level.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
4 weeks ago#359
In a city of fallen angels / where the ocean meets the sand / you will form a strong alliance / and the world's most awesome band.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Scientists are finally waking up to what pyramids have known all along.
Just found out they're making a Bloodshot movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOUVVDWdXbo

I'm not sure how to feel about it. Part of me thinks it could be a really cool movie, because I like the premise, and I liked the original comic. But I feel like this might be based on the newer version of the character (which I neither really know or care about), and, well... Vin Diesel.

Also, it kind of sucks that it seems like the trailer gives away the biggest twist of the movie, but sadly that seems to be the world we live in now. Pretty much every trailer these days more or less spell out the entire plot of a movie from the opening credits right up to the last 15 minutes or so.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Topic Closed