• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#31
Aaantlion posted...
Final thoughts on the Aug 5, 2019 edition of Raw (with larger/major spoilers)

Raw *really* needs to cut down that run-time. Most of the filler was just crap.

(I did read all three posts, for the record.)

This is why I am enjoying 205 Live and NXT. You get the same number of matches in one third of the time.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#32
Revelation34 posted...
Entity13 posted...
Muffins and peanut butter can be good too, though not together.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/232385/aunt-bs-peanut-butter-muffins/

Note reviews saying things like the pb flavor being not too strong, people using less sugar, and people saying it's not for them; as opposed to the 5-star reviews that happily accept what is in front of them. For me, pb as a spread does not work with muffins or cupcakes, but as a flavor I am wary beyond cookies and have my own doubts on particularly loving it in otherwise oatmeal muffins. I'm sure some people might like it, maybe, but . . . *shrugs*

Mind you, my favorite cookies are chocolate and oatmeal with mint. Many people I've met weren't even interested in trying them when I made batches.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#33
I love peanut butter, and thick peanut oils...but ever since I left my hometown I can't find a single damned Chinese place that makes cold sesame noodles the right way with the hot peanut oil. It's always either some bland garbage with a lazy fistful of sesame seeds on top of lo mein noodles and string beans or some crazy red s*** on top of lo mein noodles that should taste like chillis but doesn't.

Same problem I have with pizza in Orange county, NY. In Stamford CT you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a good pizza place or Chinese joint. Here in the Hudson valley, all the food sucks. The one place with decent takeout nearby is a halal spot and f*** the entire concept of bacon there. It seems every single Pizan that landed at Ellis island went east from Ellis island like they'd regretted the migration rather than having gone north.

I had to give up entirely on the nearest pizza place to my apartment because Everytime I wanted a chicken parm I had to have a 3 minute argument with the place over what the f***ing bread was called. Hero, wedge, blimpie, po boy, hoagie, submarine, blimpie, just f***ing put some cutlets on a goddamned long piece of bread with sauce and mozzarella for f*** sake, how hard is this? I don't know if it's the water up here or something but all the pizza is wrong.

Rabble, rabble. In Colorado I could find better take out than I can just 100 miles from my hometown, literally what the f***?
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#34
Entity13 posted...

Note reviews saying things like the pb flavor being not too strong, people using less sugar, and people saying it's not for them; as opposed to the 5-star reviews that happily accept what is in front of them. For me, pb as a spread does not work with muffins or cupcakes, but as a flavor I am wary beyond cookies and have my own doubts on particularly loving it in otherwise oatmeal muffins. I'm sure some people might like it, maybe, but . . . *shrugs*

Mind you, my favorite cookies are chocolate and oatmeal with mint. Many people I've met weren't even interested in trying them when I made batches.

I could probably find a better recipe. Also changing up ingredients don't matter much since a lot of the time the people complaining in reviews are from people who changed the recipe of whatever they are reviewing then giving it a bad review because they did a dumb move. I like peanut butter in oatmeal too. I would try those cookies but I don't know if I would like it since I don't like mint that much.
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#35
What is your favorite Food and drink? Spare no details on what whets your appetite and palette. It can span the history of your lifetime especially from your childhood.

It seems like a cop-out, but pizza is such a delicious pleasure that it would have to be that. I have a big weakness for fettucini alfredo and other Italian pastas, as well as most Thai food, specifically Massaman Curry, extra hot. A well seasoned steak goes a long way, too.

I love Thai teas and bubble/boba teas. I'm a huge craft beer snob too.

Bonus question: What food do you absolutely hate? Also, what combo of food and drink is your favorite? Like Peanut butter and jelly and a cold glass of milk.

I have very little foods I truly despise, but they tend to be popular ones that everyone enjoys. Like grapefruit, celery, and swiss cheese. I know have a few particulars, like noting liking onions or pickles on my cheeseburger (and basically not liking pickles at all unless this are spears). A few other quirks I'm probably forgetting.

Just got back from a 2 week vacation to Sint Maarten/St. Martin, Aguilla, and NYC. I see Wave is trying his best to die again. Gotta stop doing that, man.

Anyone watching The Boys? Really dig the premise, I'm about half-way through. About to start the new Fire Emblem and get sucked into that before I go back to work on Wednesday.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
1 month ago#36
Recently watched the show Glitch on NFI -- kinda neat. I had been aware of it for a while, but unfortunately I didn't realize it was still ongoing when I began watching and that the seasons are so short.

I like the mystery element and the concept. What I don't like is how segregated many of the storylines are. Most of the time you have Paddy doing things entirely by himself (or with his supporting characters). Of course, the biggest downer is the whole (s2 ending spoilers) fact that Paddy gets killed, since he was by far the most entertaining character.

I_Abibde posted...
Aaantlion posted...
Final thoughts on the Aug 5, 2019 edition of Raw (with larger/major spoilers)

Raw *really* needs to cut down that run-time. Most of the filler was just crap.

(I did read all three posts, for the record.)

This is why I am enjoying 205 Live and NXT. You get the same number of matches in one third of the time.

tbh, NXT was my favorite of WWE's shows back when I was more actively following wrestling. The only *kinda* downside is that the talent often felt lacking in the personality department so a lot of the roster felt generic (and the really good talent tends to get called up to the main roster... where half the time it gets buried).

idk, maybe I will give an episode of NXT a shot next... and then one of Smackdown.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
1 month ago#37
Started the Aug 7, 2019 edition of NXT. The opening theme showed a lot of wrestlers I didn't recognize, although Tyler Breeze is apparently still with this brand? Everybody looks a lot less WWE than ever before. The guys mostly look on the smaller side and none seem all that buff. They're all pretty generic-looking.

At any rate, it's nice to see that William Regal is still GM. Not sure who the announcers are since they haven't been shown, although one sounds a little like Rockstar Spud (or whatever he's being called now). Apparently that's actually Nigel McGuinness. Wait, is Beth Phoenix one of the other announcers? Oo

Show starts off with tag champs Street Profits (who did that awful milk gag with Kurt Angle on Raw, so I'm already not liking them much) meeting with Undisputed Era for a contract signing. Wasn't feeling any of it. I hope to god these guys can actually wrestle.

Next up was a preview for a triple threat (also for the next NXT Takeover). Velveteen Dream seems to have a good look and a decent amount of personality. The clips make him look great... and I just wish we'd actually get to see him fight tonight. Instead we're over 12 minutes through a 60-minute show and nobody has wrestled. -_-

Pete Dunn is so far the only other wrestler who seems promising so far. If Hulu still has the NXT Takeovers, I'll probably watch that Triple Threat. At any rate, all of this capped off with a commercial for the match + Takeover... and now an in-show commercial for a Slipknot CD.

Wait... and now they're doing a teaser for the NXT Women's Championship match? Is this an actual episode of NXT? Okay, f*** it, I need to fast-forward this already.... and through that other stuff.

Alright, 20 minutes into the show and we *finally* have a wrestling match. I was beginning to think that the main event was the only event.

Out comes Joaquin Wilde, who came out to the ring looking like a cross between Rey Mysterio and a techno-version of Sektor from the Mortal Kombat games. I kinda like it. Fighting him is.... something Thorne (I just know he's not Kevin Thorn). Seems pretty limber, especially how he jumped the top rope. This seems like it could be interesting.

Rest of the show + thoughts hidden behind spoilers, everything in order:
...well, that match looked like s***. Granted, it's lucha so a lot of it is kinda bound to look goofy. The arm drag shenanigans were an instant turnoff and then there was that terrible-looking grapple reversal into a submission.

Also, they have a female ref? How long has that been a thing? I don't think I ever saw a non-special guest female ref on Raw, SD, etc.

Thorne has some pretty solid personality whereas JW can't act for s***. His expressions and mannerisms just seem so flaky. Thorne's in-ring seems unimpressive, but his dirty fighting looked cool.

After this we get some build-up to a women's match. Shirai and Candice Lorraine are both crazy cute. Shirai also looks like she might be talented. Her accent is a bit strong.

37 minutes in and we have the main event. That makes *two* matches all night. This better be one amazing fight!

...wait, wtf? There was a weak-looking ambush and that's that? And now they're promoting some tournament? And now I'm fast-forwarding this s***.

Oh look, Breezango are back! That's fun, I guess. Fast-forwarding again and... nope, I guess that's it. There was ONE fight in an hour-long show and it wasn't a particularly good one.

I imagine this probably isn't the best representation of NXT (since it's a go-home show before what I assume is a bigger PPV) but it's still a terrible place to restart NXT at. That said, this felt like a bigger waste of time than Raw. Hopefully the Smackdown episode I'm going to watch will be better.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#38
Aaantlion posted...
I imagine this probably isn't the best representation of NXT (since it's a go-home show before what I assume is a bigger PPV) but it's still a terrible place to restart NXT at. That said, this felt like a bigger waste of time than Raw. Hopefully the Smackdown episode I'm going to watch will be better.

I agree. NXT normally packs three or four matches into the hour, and there's a lot less trash talk and shenanigans. As to your question about the Takeover PPVs: Hulu does slot those in amidst the regular episodes, so you can find them if you dig a little bit.

Io Shirai recently had a heel turn. Her ring persona used to be very different. ... She was always cute, though.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
4 weeks ago#39
Alright, gave Smackdown a chance tonight. It's the Aug 6 edition (tbh, forgot that it was *Tuesday* night SD now).

Charlotte started out the show. While she still seems to lack a self-assured quality that her father had, she delivered a half-decent promo... and the pink version of her outfit is surprisingly cool. Trish looked so tiny next to Charlotte, which kinda made Charlotte seem that much more legit.

Minor spoilers but closing them anyway as well as some bigger spoilers for this episode:
What the f*** was up with Trish slapping Charlotte? I know that Charlotte is probably going to win (and this is going to be used to build her up), but it still kinda made her look like s*** at that moment.

Dolph had a match tonight. In the beginning, the announcer mentions that Rey Mysterio had a match during Raw so I guess that was cut from the Hulu version. The ambush
was kinda bulls*** since we just had something like that on Raw. The replacement match was alright, better than I would have expected from a Rey match.

idk, Dolph has seemingly been consistent under-utilized. At one point, he was being called the next HBK but since then they've done almost nothing with him (excluding the occasional tease that they might do something with him). He's a tremendous all-around talent -- he has good in-ring work, he's great on the mic, and has decent charisma. Plus he's got the look. I know his career was stifled by Cena but... even with Cena out of the spotlight, they aren't doing all much.

Dolph's Goldberg parody ring entrance was fun but, honestly, it was undercut by the knowledge that he was almost certainly going to be fed to Goldberg at Summer Slam... (Summer Slam spoiler) and it obviously turned out to be the case, in a typically fast Goldberg match

Then, after a bunch of stuff with Roman again, we had that match with Natalya v Ember Moon. It was my first time seeing Ember Moon, who seems alright. Once again, the match ended in a BS finish.

The Kevin Owens-Shane McMahon feud seems boring. KO is a good talker, but he still looks like s***. Shane McMahon looks his age, although he's still decent on the mic and he's still not afraid to take a bump. Granted, his work *always* looks like s***. Those were some terrible-looking kicks. The guys in editing f***ed up by showing how little they were connecting

I will say that Shane McMahon's grudge against KO seems more compelling than some of VKM's similar attempts to mess with wrestlers.

At any rate, I thought they were doing more to brand Raw and SD as their own thing? Instead we're getting recaps from Monday's Raw about things for the Raw title... and having Raw women wrestle on SD.

Oh, Sami Zane is still around? idk, never been a fan... although I'm intrigued by Aleister Black. Imposing-looking guy, supernatural gimmick, surprisingly agile, and some neat personality. I knew nothing about their feud or Aleister (and I've never liked Sami all that much), but I got insta-hyped for the match. The match itself wasn't amazing, but it was a good showcase for what Aleister could do. Definitely seems like a solid addition to the roster.

lol @ Shelton Benjamin's reaction to being asked if he'd contend for the 24/7 Title.

Oh, apparently Bray Wyatt is still doing the kids show gimmick in addition to the Fiend. idk, I kinda like his gimmick... or the combo of gimmicks. Bray in general is pretty talented.

On show ad for WWE 2K20... that includes Hulk Hogan? Is he no longer on the outs with the brand? Otherwise the cover art looks neat. Seeing Becky on it makes up for Roman being there.

Kofi's interview interestingly incorporates some real rumors about Kofi's career being held back because of blowback from wrestling RKO. *Really* surprised to see that Kofi is WWE champ.

The Daniel Bryan/Rowan tag team is really cool. Besides being a callback to Daniel's brief time with the Wyatt Family, the beards give them a cool common look. OK match, but the ending was BS.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
4 weeks ago#40
Final thoughts on the Aug 6 edition of Smackdown
iirc, there were only 4 matches tonight (on the Hulu version, anyway) -- Dolph v Ali, Natalya v Ember Moon, Sami v Aleister, and New Day vs... Bryan&Rowan. 2 matches ended in DQs. Guess the WWE hasn't stopped this s***?

None of the matches stand out as being particularly bad, nor were they amazing. Aleister's might have been my favorite of the night, simply because I got to see him in action. Otherwise Dolph is always solid.

Charlotte's opening promo was good and the KO/Shane confrontation was -- in retrospect -- alright (although the feud still seems dull and Shane needs to learn how to deliver a convincing kick). The clipshow nonsense and Roman interview was all BS.

Having watched both Raw and Smackdown -- and suffering through all of the clipshows, ads, etc -- I can't imagine anybody being all that hyped for the Summer Slam card. Charlotte v Trish is a novelty, sure, but none of the title bouts seem at all interesting or compelling. Granted, I'm not a Brock Lesnar fan -- I know he can do amazing feats of strength, but I've never been sold on him -- so that's part of it. I've seen Kofi and RKO have terrible matches in the past, which is also part of it. Amusingly, I know dickall about most of the NXT roster yet those Takeover matches looked like they might be better.

Looking over the complete Summer Slam cards and results, I feel somewhat justified in my opinion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SummerSlam_(2019)
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Post New Message