• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
The Wave Master posted...
I'm all for giving women a chance in a male dominated industry like Pro Wrestling, but she is just terrible at her job. Just awful. Her timing is horrible, she has no chemistry with anyone she works with, and offers no insight into the match at all. Also, her voice gets on my nerves lately. It's about as bad as Troy Aikman with Joe Buck doing football games.

She was great when she was doing Talking Smack.

The biggest problem she has is one that isn't actually her fault, and which ruins other commentators as well (Michael Cole specifically). Namely, when Vince MacMahon is shouting innate bulls*** into your ear on a regular basis, it can be hard to actually do your job well. Because he is an insane old man who is 40 years out of touch and who has massive disdain for his audience, and doesn't tolerate free will or attempts to manifest personality from his toys. Even Corey Graves suffers from it - he's become way worse since coming to the main roster. It's also one of the main reasons why Mauro Ranallo is one of the better commentators on NXT but absolutely refuses to work on the main roster.

The other problem she suffers from is the same problem multiple other commentators suffer from as well - namely, being part of a three-man commentary team. A strong face/heel dynamic between play-by-play and color commentators tends to be the best combination in wrestling in terms of personality dynamics (which is why JR and Lawler and Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan are probably the two most beloved combinations to this day). Once you add a third commentator, they tend to wind up having trouble asserting themselves or finding their voice. Renee is basically stuck between Corey's strong heel persona and Michael Cole as Vince's official ventriloquist dummy, and it kind of screws her over (in the same way it hurt Percy Watson and it hurts Beth Phoenix in NXT, and part of why people have been complaining about AEW going the same room, leaving Alex Marvez the odd-man-out).

You won't have to worry about her much longer, though. She's going to be off commentary entirely once the network brand split comes (they're moving her to host a discussion show on Fox). They're also supposedly dropping back to a two-man commentary team for both shows, which is a 100% positive. Though knowing Vince, he'll change his mind about that after a week or two and probably turn them into four man teams or something.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
4 weeks ago#282
I_Abibde posted...
If you still have a SNES, I can almost guarantee you that it still works. That has to be one of the most resilient consoles ever made. Hell, I still play mine from time to time, and I have had it since 1992.

I more meant if the cartridge ever stops working for whatever reason.

The Wave Master posted...
Watched NXT tonight, and the wrestling itself was pretty darn good.

However, we have to talk about the elephant in the broadcast booth. Renee Young.

I'm all for giving women a chance in a male dominated industry like Pro Wrestling, but she is just terrible at her job. Just awful. Her timing is horrible, she has no chemistry with anyone she works with, and offers no insight into the match at all. Also, her voice gets on my nerves lately. It's about as bad as Troy Aikman with Joe Buck doing football games.

Just my thoughts.

She hasn't been good at anything she's done. I know she was f***ing some of the top talent at one point so maybe she's protected because they're scared she might file discrimination charges or something.

I_Abibde posted...
At least they moved Nigel back to the NXT booth from 205 Live.

Ooooh, maybe I will have to start watching NXT again.

ParanoidObsessive posted...
The biggest problem she has is one that isn't actually her fault, and which ruins other commentators as well (Michael Cole specifically).

Michael Cole's VKM complaints were hilarious.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Aaantlion posted...
Michael Cole's VKM complaints were hilarious.

Pretty much everyone's VKM stories are hilarious.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 weeks ago#284
Aron Eisenberg, Nog from ST:DS9 dead at 50.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.startrek.com/news/aron-eisenberg-obituary-star-trek%3famp

RIP
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
4 weeks ago#285
I actually thought he was a real kid. RIP

Aaantlion
3 weeks ago#286
I've been watching some videos about people who built underground homes and in each case it feels like it's just a matter of time before they bring up Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit >_> Some have cited the cartoon while others mention the movies, but so far it's come up without fail.

While I f***ing love the concept of these -- since they tend to be secure and keep a consistent temperature -- I'm frequently depressed because, also without fail, it seems like every one of these has a twin-sized bed. There are few things as depressing in this world as the twin-sized bed; it's like an announcement that not only does a person not have somebody, but they've written off that possibility. Granted, I kinda expect that given that they've crafted their environment to suit their tastes and view, on some level it *could* be seen as inevitability, but the non-subterranean tiny-homers often have a partner or spouse. (Likewise, that man-cave show on HGTV has -- despite some things being ostentatiously cool -- always struck me as pathetic and/or depressing as well, both because the husband's stuff is relegated to one area and also because he specifically has a place to get away from his wife/family right at the house.)

idk, I wouldn't mind having something like a underground home or tiny home as a vacation place (or hideout if the world went to hell), but I'm too addicted to belongings to live in a small place. (Which is also why I've commuted rather than renting closer to some of my previous companies.)
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#287
My concern about those is that they are one earthquake away from 1) losing all value, and 2) killing the occupants. Then again, I'm sure they factor that into their plans when they build them.

My new players are showing up for tonight's Basic Fantasy RPG session, and I'm equal parts excited and nervous. It's going to be a little crowded at my dinner table, but I think we'll make it work.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

Aaantlion
3 weeks ago#288
I_Abibde posted...
My concern about those is that they are one earthquake away from 1) losing all value, and 2) killing the occupants. Then again, I'm sure they factor that into their plans when they build them.

Most of them aren't built 100% underground, it's more a matter that they're built into the side of a hill or some such (and have the top covered over).

And, to avoid a very long discussion about earthquakes (and the actual risk), I'll simply note that they handle at least some other natural disasters (like tornadoes) better than conventional homes.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
3 weeks ago#289
Well, things are looking up for me. I applied to an apartment, one bed, this morning, and was approved in less than an hour. I received that message a few minutes before the start of my work shift. It is with ten minutes's walk of where I work too, and it had been posted on Craigslist a few minutes before my mom and I discovered it. So yeah, Nov 9 or 11 is when I will be free to do my own thing again, according to when the availability starts.

Wee... New life proper in Olympia, WA. Now if only my first self-published book would sell a little better so I can pay for a bunch of things I need and be truly free.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#290
Spider-man is going to get the sequel to Far From Home that was never not going to happen in the first place. I figured something was going to happen when Sony launched a new Daily Bugle website with J K. Simmons two days ago..

Anyway, "Can't Go Home" (That's what I'm calling it) will be released in theaters July 16, 2021.
We are who we choose to be.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Post New Message