• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#231
Yeah that's about 19-20 paid copies so far, and then however much I'll be getting from the few thousand pages "normalized" by Unlimited.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#232
Entity13 posted...
Yeah that's about 19-20 paid copies so far, and then however much I'll be getting from the few thousand pages "normalized" by Unlimited.

*hat tip*

One of those is me. I did my part. :-)
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#233
Much appreciated. I am hoping my next publication finishes soon and attracts a larger audience, but this is a start at least. =)
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#234
I_Abibde posted...
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Why is FF dialogue and VA ALWAYS so cringey and stilted?

*shrugs*

Your mileage may vary. It doesn't bother me, though I'm pretty spoiled by Persona 5 and the most recent Fire Emblem games when it comes to English dubbing (... and Jessie from FF7R is Futaba from Persona 5).

I feel JRPGs especially have gotten quote good in their translations and VA choices and whatnot for a while now. But FF games always seem.like they are still stuff in 2004 in this regard

The VA work.in the recent FA was really good, but it's a shame the character models could be so lifeless in a lot.of the scenes.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#235
They already had a handful of good voice actors involved with the FFVII characters before. George Newbern, Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Liam O'Brien, Wally Wingert. They definitely miscast a couple (for example, casting Hollywood actors instead of voice actors for Tifa and Aerith), but it is strange for them to throw everyone out and start from scratch
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
1 month ago#236
The only thing that would save the VA is Barret being voiced by Mr. T.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#237
Korruptor posted...
The only thing that would save the VA is Barret being voiced by Mr. T.

I could see Lance Reddick or Terry Crews as Barrett.

Though after a quick GIS, Mr T doesn't look like he's aged much at all, all things considered.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
Metalsonic66 posted...
Aerith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8VPOP7huew&t=1m46s
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#239
That was a good episode
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
Metalsonic66 posted...
That was a good episode

It helps that it was based on a famous comic book of exceeding quality. Written by Alan Moore before he fully completed his journey into madness.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Post New Message