• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#21
I_Abibde posted...
My favorite food is tuna casserole, and my least favorite, at this point, is green pepper, since, y'know, that's lethal to me if I eat it. Can't even stand the smell.

Aaantlion posted...
Did they just have a lot of unsolved crimes? Or did the murder rate spike when she started writing?

*plays the Twin Peaks title theme*

I will never understand the point of advertising that one has a lethal allergy and what that allergy is. I would consider that a very "need to know" bit of information...
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
1 month ago#22
WhiskeyDisk posted...
I_Abibde posted...
My favorite food is tuna casserole, and my least favorite, at this point, is green pepper, since, y'know, that's lethal to me if I eat it. Can't even stand the smell.

Aaantlion posted...
Did they just have a lot of unsolved crimes? Or did the murder rate spike when she started writing?

*plays the Twin Peaks title theme*

I will never understand the point of advertising that one has a lethal allergy and what that allergy is. I would consider that a very "need to know" bit of information...

It's useful for people who don't want to kill you to know, but dangerous for anybody looking to potentially get away with murder.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance
WhiskeyDisk posted...

"I am deathly allergic to tomatoes. If I eat them, I will vomit all over your floor, and possibly you. Please do not put it in any food you make for me, and please let me know if you're aware that something contains them, so I can avoid it."

I tell everyone I know what my allergies are, so they can better avoid trying to give them to me.

I mean, sure, if I was Superman and supervillains around the world were trying to find my weakness to kill me, I wouldn't go around telling everyone, but that's not really a concern for me.
"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: EvilMegas

EvilMegas
1 month ago#24
Good name. See you next topic.
Official King of Black People
http://i.imgur.com/Zk3VS3o.jpg http://imgur.com/a/UeQiE https://imgur.com/aSnCUuI

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#25
WhiskeyDisk posted...

I would consider it a valid reason for it to be my least favorite food.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Aaantlion

Aaantlion
1 month ago#26
Tonight I'm going to do something I haven't tried to do in years.... watch a whole episode of Monday Night Raw >_>

The episode preview doesn't sound promising... and the El Paso and Dayton tribute is a bit of a downer as a show-starter.

The new theme song sucks. I recognize most of of the people in the theme, though, so not much has changed.

The show is starting with Samoa Joe ranting. He *still* hasn't lost any weight and he *still* just looks like some fan you'd see at a convention rather than a wrestler. And then we skip to a silly flashback of Roman being attacked last week.

Also, who's the announcer team at this point? I recognize Michael Cole and Corey Graves, but who's that with them? Renee? How long has she been an announcer?

Show started off with a half-decent match between Becky Lynch (her nickname is "the Man"? wtf? First I was happy to see was the champ, but that took the ) and Charlotte (whose face looked weird coming out to the ring; didn't think it was her at first. Did she have work done?) vs Natalya (who I was a little surprised to see is still wrestling, considering that Divas tend to have relatively short careers) and Trish Stratus who I was *very* happy to see.

At any rate, I'm confused who the f*** are the faces and heels here. Becky has almost always been a face and, back when I stopped watching, I *thought* Natty was still a heel. Charlotte came out to the ring as a heel and she's facing Trish, who I'd assume is a face again. However, Becky and Charlotte are teamed together?

I will say that Charlotte's in-ring work is a bit better than I remember, although she totally botched that roll-through. (And I love how Charlotte taunted Becky with a fake tag offer.) Natty, on the other hand, I remember being better. She delivered this silly-looking spinning clothesline waaaaaay too slowly.

Trish still looks good, although that's pretty much all she did this match. She never even stepped foot in the ring.

Next they flipped to some ridiculous 24/7 Champ stuff. I'm going to be honest, it's pretty amusing (although the waiting room stunt was predictable) I like Maria Kanellis's new attitude. I'll admit I also like what little of I saw of her in TNA, which was an improvement over how the WWE originally used her.

And ew, Lesnar has the title again? Can they stop bringing him back and handing him the title?

The first real challenge of the night? Sitting through a Brock Lesnar spot (including watching a 5-minute+ recap of a previous week's events).
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 1 month ago)

Aaantlion
1 month ago#27
How does the audience at these shows sit through this s***?

Eh, will toss spoiler tags around the rest since -- even though I don't go into the results -- I guess I should cover it anyway

The Brock Lesnar stuff took forever and then I can't even remember what happened after that, other some NXT guys I don't recognize trying to have a moment with Kurt Angle. Then there was a Harley Race tribute. And then we got a "match" between Drew McIntyre (who has come a long way since his jobber days -- something we can thank the indy circuit for) and Cedric Alexander where Kurt was the guest ref. Nothing happens other than a short brawl outside the ring.

More importantly, Bray Wyatt has ANOTHER new gimmick now? What happened to that children's show thing he was doing? Wowie yowie! I will say that I like the look of "the Fiend," who -- at first glance -- had a Beetlejuice vibe.

I'm happy to see that the New Day is still around as a group... and oddly happy to see the OC, which I guess is the WWE's take on the Bullet Club? Gallows's new look is neat. Styles still has some great moves, but a lot of the match looked a little sloppy.

I will say that I like Samoa Joe's attitude, etc, but his lousy physique and style is so f***ing distracting. Also I liked the random CM Punk chants.

And when will they stop doing the silly "just arriving at the arena gimmick" when it's never made sense as a set-up. No performer "just gets there" that late in the night. Also, was that J&J security just then?

Apparently the Divas division has grown? I didn't recognize half the participants. Kairi Sen (?) is cute. Mandy Rose's name I recognize, but I'm not sure I have any familiarity with Sonya whatever. I thought Nikki Cross looked familiar; I *think* I might have seen one of her matches for another company. She's a cute companion for Alexa Bliss. ...I don't know who those champs are. I thought the brunette looked a bit like the NXT chick that Goldust was involved with at one point, but apparently it's not her.

Eh, a 4-way elimination match for the WWE Women's Tag Teams Champsionship is a nice way to close out the show. While i'm not sure *why* both halves of a tag team have been allowed in the ring all this time, I will say that the Iconics seem pretty good.

I'm probably most impressed by Kairi, who has some great ring presence. I loved when she and Alexa Bliss were in the ring together, mocking each other, etc. It's also somewhat amazing how to stop and think about much Alexa has evolved since premiering on NXT with that silly fairy gimmick.

I will say that was a pretty good match. Probably the only thing worth watching all night... granted, for a wrestling show that runs as long as it does, once again there wasn't *that* much wrestling.

Also wtf happened to Paige? Is my screen messed up or does she look terrible now?

The night's final segment is a MizzTV thing involving Dolph and HBK... and a surprise guest.
(\/)(\/)|-|

Aaantlion
1 month ago#28
Final thoughts on the Aug 5, 2019 edition of Raw (with larger/major spoilers)

Raw *really* needs to cut down that run-time. Most of the filler was just crap.

Just to summarize:
-There were a grand total of what, 3-4 matches? We had a Women's Tag match ending in a DQ, there was the OC vs New Day match, and that great 4-way Women's Tag Champ match... as well as the Drew McIntyre fight that never started and only lasted a few minutes. (Apparently there were a few more matches on the non-Hulu edition.) It's even worse when you consider that the first match ended in DQ with one teammate never even entering the ring.

-A large amount of time was wasted on Brock and Samoa Joe's feuds where, again, not much of interest was happening. Roman's hit&run seems like an obvious red herring, but apparently an editor on CagesideSeats (which I checked to see if I somehow forgot a match) thinks it exonerates Joe.

-The show had a lot of people showing up and doing nothing. Trish Stratus was in a tag match where she never fought, Kurt Angle was a special guest ref for a match that never started, and all Goldberg did was sign a paper.

-The 4-way Women's Tag match was really the only thing worth watching. Eliminating the champs first was really the way to go and, although this is probably the first time I've seen 6 of these competitors (at least in the WWE?), it seemed like each of the tag teams had some time to shine.

When I stopped watching last time, the Women's division seemed tiny. You really only had a handful of stars who seemed even slightly credible and, for a while, the division was being carried by Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky. That match gave the impression that the division is pretty healthy -- likely much healthier than it actually is.

I went into it only really knowing Alexa (who I've liked since she turned heel in NXT when she started valeting for... I can't even remember. I think they were feuding with either the Vaudevillains or Enzo&Cass and Alexa's interference made and kept them champs) and Asuka (who I never liked because she can't deliver a good promo and was booked like superwoman, but who was obviously talented). However, I was quickly sold on quite a few other wrestlers. Kairi won me over from the get-go, but Nikki Cross was also great. Mandy and Sonya had some really nice moves. And even the somewhat generic Iconics (or Ilconics?) had some cool-looking combination moves.

I will say one thing, though -- I hope to god that Alexa drops that f***ing Twisted Bliss. Divas shouldn't be elbow-dropping from a turnbuckle or, hell, doing *anything* from a turnbuckle on a regular basis. Their careers risk getting cut short by injuries enough as is and I shudder to think about the long-term damage from that kind of a move.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#29
I have so many favorites when it comes to food. Waffles, hot cocoa, strawberries... Combine these for a meal, and I'm happy. Muffins and peanut butter can be good too, though not together.

I still remember my experiment of making waffles with blueberry muffin batter, and muffins with waffle batter. The former was a fun way to burn the side of my mouth on overheated blueberries. The latter gave me pause to wonder if I should figure out how to fill them with syrup and market it for money.

Foods I dislike include beets, dark yellow corn, limes, beef (I literally cannot stand the flavor), and any soda. Many kinds of beer and certain wines too; yet others can be good. The worst, however? Cilantro. My arch nemesis would be a spriggan-like entity composed of cilantro that blasts dubstep.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Revelation34

Revelation34
1 month ago#30
Entity13 posted...
Muffins and peanut butter can be good too, though not together.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/232385/aunt-bs-peanut-butter-muffins/
Gamertag: Kegfarms, BF code: 2033480226, Treasure Cruise code 318,374,355, Steam: Kegfarms
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Valley of The Geeks
  • Post New Message