You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Should I play Red Dead Redemption 2

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
3 weeks ago#21
Mead posted...
Played for a bit. Yeah the beginning is slow. Shot some wolves with a shotgun so that was fun I guess.

Well, according to others, it should pick up. So, have fun!
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
3 weeks ago#22
LinkPizza posted...
Mead posted...
Played for a bit. Yeah the beginning is slow. Shot some wolves with a shotgun so that was fun I guess.

Well, according to others, it should pick up. So, have fun!

It does. Theres just not much going on and worth exploring in the first area. But i was too busy being amazed walking through the snow left a trail (like knee deep snow) and you could even clear out a patch walking in a tight circle.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"
I've actually bought RDR2, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I'm curious to see how you feel about it - your comments may encourage me to start it up sooner or later.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Mead

Mead
3 weeks ago#24
I like the characters so far

A lot of the controls are so clunky though. Just looking through houses looking for goods feels like I’m controlling some unwieldy piece of machinery. And there’s so many things like looting bodies and opening drawers that requires me to hold down a button for a couple seconds instead of just pressing it. And why the heck do I need to hold down a button just to keep my horse at a steady pace? That’s just unintuitive
If they drag you through the mud, it doesnt change whats in your blood

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
3 weeks ago#25
Mead posted...
I like the characters so far

A lot of the controls are so clunky though. Just looking through houses looking for goods feels like I’m controlling some unwieldy piece of machinery. And there’s so many things like looting bodies and opening drawers that requires me to hold down a button for a couple seconds instead of just pressing it. And why the heck do I need to hold down a button just to keep my horse at a steady pace? That’s just unintuitive

Realism?
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

Mead
3 weeks ago#26
Best part of the game so far is the conversations that happen between characters on horseback, although I could do without the little cinematic cutaways while en route to an objective I just find them distracting

Also I failed the deer hunting quest because I accidentally ran over my hunting partner while on horseback 🤣

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
3 weeks ago#27
On the opening drawers thing. If there is mutiple on the same thing just keep holding the button and he'll open all of them so its nice for that atleast.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
3 weeks ago#28
You should have fun with it, but some of it is gonna be annoying and/or frustrating.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

Mead
3 weeks ago#29
mooreandrew58 posted...
On the opening drawers thing. If there is mutiple on the same thing just keep holding the button and he'll open all of them so its nice for that atleast.

Cool thanks

User Info: ShamelessSteve

ShamelessSteve
3 weeks ago#30
It's not for everyone, but I loved it.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Should I play Red Dead Redemption 2