You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. ITT: Unpopular opinions

User Info: MICHALECOLE

MICHALECOLE
4 weeks ago#51
Questionmarktarius posted...
Unsweetened is best chocolate.

You’re a monster

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
4 weeks ago#52
argonautweakend posted...
i don't like the song "american pie" by don mclean.

I never have, really. I find it annoying and the overuse of generic americana tropes gets on my nerves.

I might actually find a better use for 8:33 of my life i'll never get back, because im not moleman, so it hits extra hard.

Well, you're browsing PotD so your time couldn't have been THAT valuable.
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561 IGN: Chris
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble

User Info: I_Always_Die

I_Always_Die
4 weeks ago#53
WastelandCowboy posted...
LinkPizza posted...
I_Always_Die posted...
ParanoidObsessive posted...
DirtBasedSoap posted...
i legit feel bad for people who didn’t enjoy BotW

I legit feel bad for people who feel their sense of self threatened by other people not enjoying the things they enjoy. It seems to speak of some deep-seated insecurities.

that’s... a huge reach and nothing in that post ‘speaks of’ any of that lol

Its not a huge reach at all. DBS is intolerant of people having a different opinion about a game.

Is DBS also IAD?

At this point, who cares?

lmao remember when you bought me fallout 4

thanks buddy
come at me
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
4 weeks ago#54
Here is a doozy of one:

Where I live there is a huge homeless problem. There is a ton of crime from this. Many of these people are mentally ill, and too far gone to ever be productive members of society. Drug use is rampant, rape is rampant, trash and needles everywhere, and it's just a really bad situation over all.

Anyways, I feel the homeless should be rounded up and evaluated. If they have have skills and can learn, put them through a school and work program. Help them get a job and not be homeless. If they've only committed non-violent crimes, let it slide to an extent. If they are mentally ill but can still do SOMETHING with their lives, help them. If there are drug addicts who want to really recover and move on, help them.

As for the rest... The violent, the drug addicts who are too far gone, the mentally ill who could never live a normal life... I hate to say this but maybe euthanasia is the best option. The mentally ill are just going to suffer until they inevitably starve or freeze to death, the violent are going to keep committing crimes; If they were euthanized and their organs used for those in need, they would at least bring some good to society as a whole.

Of course, the above proposal really can be a slippery slope as far as human rights and all that go. Like, who gets to decide if someone is capable enough to live and die?
3DS friend code: 5112-3770-6561 IGN: Chris
Rock Safari: Pupitar, Rhydon, dwebble

User Info: WastelandCowboy

WastelandCowboy
4 weeks ago#55
I_Always_Die posted...
LinkPizza posted...
I_Always_Die posted...
ParanoidObsessive posted...
DirtBasedSoap posted...
i legit feel bad for people who didn’t enjoy BotW

I legit feel bad for people who feel their sense of self threatened by other people not enjoying the things they enjoy. It seems to speak of some deep-seated insecurities.

that’s... a huge reach and nothing in that post ‘speaks of’ any of that lol

Its not a huge reach at all. DBS is intolerant of people having a different opinion about a game.

Is DBS also IAD?

At this point, who cares?

lmao remember when you bought me fallout 4

thanks buddy

I remember buying it for people. No idea anymore who I bought it for.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#56
Unpopular opinion -- There's no place in a civilized society for alcohol. And once humanity evolves past alcohol use and other substance abuse, countless other issues will greatly diminish or vanish as well.

Idris Elba is absurdly overrated.

The first MCU Avengers film sucked. In general, I've found that the DCEU isn't nearly as far behind the MCU as people like to claim. And Fox's newer X-Men films have been pretty damn enjoyable.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a good Shia LeBeouf film.

Thanks to the Goosebumps movies, I'm starting to like Jack Black again.

WhiskeyDisk posted...
George Zimmerman did nothing wrong.

Really depends on what we're talking about. Zimmerman did a lot of stuff besides defending himself against Trayvon Martin.

CarefreeDude posted...
Here is a doozy of one:

Where I live there is a huge homeless problem. There is a ton of crime from this. Many of these people are mentally ill, and too far gone to ever be productive members of society. Drug use is rampant, rape is rampant, trash and needles everywhere, and it's just a really bad situation over all.

Anyways, I feel the homeless should be rounded up and evaluated. If they have have skills and can learn, put them through a school and work program. Help them get a job and not be homeless. If they've only committed non-violent crimes, let it slide to an extent. If they are mentally ill but can still do SOMETHING with their lives, help them. If there are drug addicts who want to really recover and move on, help them.

As for the rest... The violent, the drug addicts who are too far gone, the mentally ill who could never live a normal life... I hate to say this but maybe euthanasia is the best option. The mentally ill are just going to suffer until they inevitably starve or freeze to death, the violent are going to keep committing crimes; If they were euthanized and their organs used for those in need, they would at least bring some good to society as a whole.

Of course, the above proposal really can be a slippery slope as far as human rights and all that go. Like, who gets to decide if someone is capable enough to live and die?

Not for nothing, but a lot of people are homeless either because they struggle finding/maintaining employment or, in many cases, because they're not paid enough. It's not just a matter of substance abuse and mental illness.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 weeks ago#57
Zeus posted...
Really depends on what we're talking about. Zimmerman did a lot of stuff besides defending himself against Trayvon Martin.

Perhaps, but how much of the post-Trayvon s*** has been obsessed people foaming at the mouth to make something stick? I probably wouldn't have straight up shot the kid, but under the circumstances I would have beaten the s*** out of him. The kid left the situation to safety, but came back around to show how tough he was, and IMO that's the risk any youngblood makes when they assume that just because they're crazy, the guy they're f***ing with isn't crazier.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
4 weeks ago#58
Zeus posted...
Not for nothing, but a lot of people are homeless either because they struggle finding/maintaining employment or, in many cases, because they're not paid enough. It's not just a matter of substance abuse and mental illness.

I've seen this a lot in my area. People just aren't making enough. And it sucks because many of them are trying so hard. And even trying to get multiple jobs just to not end up on the streets...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.

User Info: KJ StErOiDs

KJ StErOiDs
4 weeks ago#59
Tax refunds don't matter because they're just an illusion of getting more money.
A plethora of DKC-related fanart to numb your mind:
http://kjsteroids.deviantart.com

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
4 weeks ago#60
KJ StErOiDs posted...
Tax refunds don't matter because they're just an illusion of getting more money.

You are right that they don’t matter. But they sure do help...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. ITT: Unpopular opinions