You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If Square announced a Final Fantasy 8 remake on the scale of 7's

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
1 week ago#1
Would the fans care? If so, how much? If not, then why?
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD
I would only care if it removed any and all penalty for gaining levels by removing level scaling altogether

level scaling in any game = a no go for me

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
1 week ago#3
Would it elicit the same kind of reaction from the masses that 7's remake has done?
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: Mead

Mead
1 week ago#4
FF8 is such a weird title

It’s one of the weakest titles in the entire series as far as the gameplay and the story/characters are concerned

But at the same time it’s one of the better games artistically imo. The soundtrack and artistic design of the environment and characters holds up really well I think

I guess I’d be excited if it addressed the game’s weaker points
If they drag you through the mud, it doesnt change whats in your blood
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
1 week ago#5
I can't speak for others but id be happy as f***.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Kyuubi4269

Kyuubi4269
1 week ago#6
quigonzel posted...
Would it elicit the same kind of reaction from the masses that 7's remake has done?

Mead posted...
It’s one of the weakest titles in the entire series
Doctor Foxx posted...
The demonizing of soy has a lot to do with xenophobic ideas.

User Info: FrozenBananas

FrozenBananas
1 week ago#7
Id be thrilled, but the scale is so big that I think it’s be a lot more difficult to make than a FF VII
on your left...

User Info: Broken_Zeus

Broken_Zeus
1 week ago#8
Nobody would care much.

ReggieTheReckless posted...
I would only care if it removed any and all penalty for gaining levels by removing level scaling altogether

level scaling in any game = a no go for me

They'd have to also scale down a lot of the beneficial unbalanced mechanics to accommodate that.
Gamefaqs cannot handle my #BrokenBrilliance

User Info: DPsx7

DPsx7
1 week ago#9
Wasn't too much a fan of 8. Lot of weird mechanics, kinda didn't feel like a FF outside of the story.
If you're mod, GTFO. You have no authority over me anymore. Your permission has been revoked, thanks.

User Info: Zangulus

Zangulus
1 week ago#10
8’s story was f***ing terrible. That’s why no one really wants it.

I enjoy the gameplay, so I might pickup the remaster. But definitely not for that story.
Crazy Cat Lady Man
Bug Doughnut Penelope Lily Fudge Zinnia Tillamook Cotton Duchess Mallory Von Fluffenbottom Lupine Lovesong Lavender Harmony Dandelion Potato
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. If Square announced a Final Fantasy 8 remake on the scale of 7's