• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. ITT I try to convince Nade Duck (and anyone else) to play Final Fantasy XIV

User Info: papercup

papercup
3 weeks ago#351
It does look interesting, looks like there's a lot of variety in the jobs and all that. But the UI looks like it would take a lot of getting used it. And it seems much slower paced than what I'm used to in XIV. I'm not exactly opposed to trying it, but now's not really a great time for me to get into another giant MMO.
Nintendo Network ID: papercups
3DS FC: 4124 5916 9925

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
3 weeks ago#352
Hopefully it will not take long to get moved in, set up the Internet, and download the patches to FFXIV. I picked up the equipment from Xfinity today before grabbing what I estimate will be a week's worth of groceries or more.

This is going to be so nice. I hope we can get the couch up the stairs since that will help make the new apartment and my gaming all the better. Catching up in FFXIV is going to be nice and comfy.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

papercup
3 weeks ago#353
Welcome back! The servers are down tonight for 5.11 XD

Entity13
3 weeks ago#354
papercup posted...
Welcome back! The servers are down tonight for 5.11 XD

Woo timing! \o/

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
3 weeks ago#355
papercup posted...
Speaking of XI, I've never played it, and it's currently on sale. I might check it out, but I don't think I really have time to play both XIV and XI. >.> But also, doesn't it still require a sub? That's kinda crazy for such an old game that barely anyone plays anymore.

There's 2000 people online at any one time on the server I play on, even in the dead of night. The game is a lot less dead than you probably think it is. They also need to make money to keep the servers afloat somehow.

Nestama posted...
All that said, it's still a solid Final Fantasy game. Chains of Promathia is still one of the best stories in Final Fantasy.

I would have liked CoP a lot more if it wasn't for motherf***ing Three Paths. My god it was jarring having to spend days on that s***.

WotG > SoA > CoP > RoV > ToAU > RotZ > vanilla imo
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

papercup
3 weeks ago#356
Gilgamesh already completed step 1 of Ishgard Restoration. in about an hour there's going to be a crafter fate to kick off the next step.

papercup
3 weeks ago#357
Okay so the crafter FATE is stupid easy. you go to the supply pile. click it. go to the workbench. 5 feet away. click it. and go to the house under construction and click it. there were so many people doing that that I only managed like 4 contributions. but I was in a party so even then we got gold credit and 500 Firmament scrip. And,yes, there's a new scrip currency for The Firmament. There's crafting stuff and materia available. Plus mounts, minions, orchestrion rolls, etc. This is gonna be a nice thing to farm every day after I finish leveling everything.

Also there's going to be another FATE in 8 hours, and step 2 progress didn't begin yet, so idk how that's gonna work.

papercup
3 weeks ago#358
Okay, so, dataminers. Love them or hate them, they've pretty much confirmed The Firmament is going to be a housing ward. I know that when you get there, Count Fortemps asks you what you know about player housing, and you can tell him "I own a house." very VERY heavily implying that the zone you're in that looks like a housing ward is a housing ward. But, also you can teleport to The Firmament through the Ishgard aetheryte menu, just like a normal housing ward. But, dataminers found even more. The zone is flagged as a 2.0 zone. So it's connected to Ishgard, but you could in theory teleport there if there was an aetheryte. Just like every other housing ward, including Shirogane. Even if you don't have access to 4.0+ you can still teleport to Shirogane houses. And, it even shares file pathing with other housing wards.

Now, when these houses will become available, nobody is sure. I would be surprised if it opens up before 5.5. I could even see it opening up in 6.0 or 6.1. But 2 whole years is such a tease. I really hope it opens up before that, I'm a DRG at heart, I need to live in Ishgard.

Edit: But, also, I love that Squenix is just like "you want more housing? build it yourself!". It's like they're giving you the illusion that you the player are solving the housing crisis.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Entity13
3 weeks ago#359
So I should try to be on and in the area around 10pm my time instead of progressing too far with the ShB msq. lol... Good thing I'll be home by 8 and making a quick dinner.

Will my lv70 crafters be fine in this?

papercup
3 weeks ago#360
Entity13 posted...
So I should try to be on and in the area around 10pm my time instead of progressing too far with the ShB msq. lol... Good thing I'll be home by 8 and making a quick dinner.

Will my lv70 crafters be fine in this?

Oh yeah the collectable crafts are for level 20+. the FATE requires no crafting. you literally click a thing. click another thing. click another thing. repeat lol
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. ITT I try to convince Nade Duck (and anyone else) to play Final Fantasy XIV
  • Post New Message