You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI

User Info: Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur
1 month ago#271
YoukaiSlayer posted...
So I'm a few hours into vesperia now and my god is the combat slow and clunky feeling after playing graces f, zestiria, and berseria as my last 3 tales games. I keep trying to sidestep lol. Feels like it takes an eternity to move after your attack ends. Granted I remember the combat picking up more once you get skills to link more s*** together but still, it's tough to go back. Just about to get worst character karol.

f***.

KAROL.

HE IS THE CAUSE OF SO MANY ISSUES IN THE STORY.
and lookin' back i think you knew
i wanted to be just like you

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#272
Managed to rewatch all of Fate / Zero with the missus in a three-day stretch. Because she's never seen the Deen Fate / Stay Night, we're going back and doing that now. I'm pretty sure the version Hulu has is the HD remaster, because I don't remember it looking this good before, and I'm not spotting nearly as many of the infamous animation errors.

We'll probably rewatch U.B.W. again after this. By then, Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly should be arriving. Play Asia only has the three-disc limited edition import (with English subs, like Presage Flower), so ... I've been picking up extra work hours to save up for that. I could get the actual U.S. release, but I'd have to wait an extra three months, and I've waited long enough, IMO.

YoukaiSlayer posted...
I feel sooooo relaxed.

Hang in there, Youkai!
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
1 month ago#273
I_Abibde posted...
Managed to rewatch all of Fate / Zero with the missus in a three-day stretch. Because she's never seen the Deen Fate / Stay Night, we're going back and doing that now. I'm pretty sure the version Hulu has is the HD remaster, because I don't remember it looking this good before, and I'm not spotting nearly as many of the infamous animation errors.

oof might turn her off to the series with that one XD

I personally would go with unlimited blade works first

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#274
dioxxys posted...
I personally would go with unlimited blade works first

She and I have already watched that twice before. We're watching Deen because it's just about the only one she hasn't seen (minus Extra Last Encore because it's bizarre and Apocrypha because A-1 Pictures managed to make Fate look like s***).
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#275
Well, it's been rough since I last posted. Being outside is so scary now. Seems like I have some trauma from the other day. Even being in the car is tough. Barely made it in to the doctor's. Had a panic attack in the hall leading to the office. My doctor prescribed an anti anxiety med (among other things) that takes 4-6 weeks to work (if it does at all) and usually makes it worse before it gets better. Not sure I can handle that right now. She also told me it would work today which is BS (buspar is the drug) so kinda losing faith in that doctor.

Feeling a bit better after some sleep though. Hopefully I can finish senko-san today. I only have 2 eps left. I might watch some more similar anime after. I've never seen aria and I know some of you talked about that so it's probably next.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
1 month ago#276
Watched a bunch of the new shows of the season and so far Fire Force and Astra Lost in Space are my two favorites.
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#277
It's kind of strange that medication would take that long to take effect.

I'm working another anime con this weekend, and this is probably the least excited I've been for a convention. Mostly because this year it's been an unorganized clusterf***. It's being held at a hotel just outside of town (despite the fact that the town is in the name of the convention - Tokyo in Tulsa). And I applied for it back in January, and didn't receive any sort of reply one way or the other until less than two weeks ago.

There were supposed to be two work options: paid, or all expenses covered with a bonus guest pass. I wanted to go for paid, but the website wouldn't even let me check that option. So I wrote in a commentary box that I wanted the paid option... didn't pan out.

The department I was working suddenly opened up online shift signups, and by the time I found out about it all the decent shifts were taken, leaving early morning or late night (like 10-2am). I'm getting a ride to the place from someone else so those would have been bad; fortunately my niece is also working there and said another department was looking for more people and I might be able to transfer. I shot an email to the one person that I've been getting information from, and got no response for days. Come to find out today that that person has left the company, and my request apparently fell on deaf ears.

I came to setup today to fill out more paperwork and see if I could transfer, and was turned down. So I'm stuck in this department not even knowing what hours I'll be working, because I didn't sign up for any because I wanted to be transferred to a different department. I'll just show up in the morning and see what we can do. I'm letting them know that I can't work too late. And meanwhile I have a guest pass and no one to give it to.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: wolfy42

wolfy42
1 month ago#278
Watched all of season 2 of One punch man (forgot it was comming out), wow that went fast, and seemed to just...end...like in the middle of a season. Was pretty good I guess, but first season was way better.
We are 4 oreos from Heaven!!!!

User Info: Taily_Po

Taily_Po
1 month ago#279
Finished Full Metal Panic s1 (or I guess that season is just called Full Metal Panic?), which was pretty fun. Finally starting Kakegurui s2 and, after that, I'll probably watch s2 of the live-action (despite liking the live-action a lot better >_>)

Jessica Jones and a few other shows continue to wait due to anime interruptions.
"If I were a ghost, this is certainly the kind of place I'd haunt."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#280
I wish the rewatch setting for shows on mal had some visualization. There seems to be no way to tell if you've rewatched something without going into its settings. Iirc, it does add eps/time to your list total, but not for the individual entries though. I just added the tag option on my list some time ago and mark things I've rewatched that way.

Speaking of rewatches, I finished rewatching Magi s1+2. I thought it ended off at a worse point, but it's not a terrible spot to end. There's definitely unresolved stuff and more I'd like to see. I did get to relive my disappointment though. In that, they don't do nearly as much adventuring as I was hoping for. Think I'll do Usagi Drop next. Wish there were more shows in the vein of Usagi drop.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI