You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#261
I was never able to get into legend of heroes. I've played some of trails in the sky 1 and trails of cold steel 1. Cold steel in particular has a lot going for it IMO but it just doesn't give me any real sense of adventure. I've started it twice and quit on chapter 2 both times. Theres so much information to absorb which ends up getting exhausting and thats true of both games but a lot of the information doesn't actually end up being interesting.

I also feel like the combat system of both games are too slow. I feel the same way about nep games actually too. Any game with that same line up your attack AoE just tend to not be fun for me over time for some reason. Like it's making me solve a puzzle every battle but the puzzle is always the same puzzle with the same solution until you finally learn a new move. At least cold steel has a fantastic PC port complete turbo.

Too many of you are sitting on berseria though. Play that game if you own it.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
1 month ago#262
I had to use a speedhack on 3x-4x speed to get through trails in the sky lol. I think nowadays on steam it has built-in speedup options though but GOD the animations.

Cold Steel gets better in game 2 as well, I think.
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#263
Tales is one of my favorite series. Berseria took Symphonia's #2 spot on my list. Vesperia is still king for me though. Really need to get the de version.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#264
I can't remember the last time I sat down and played a Tales game at length. I should go back to the series. ... Have to finish Etrian Odyssey Nexus first, though, that's for sure. And the new Fire Emblem is coming down the pipeline, too.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#265
So I'm a few hours into vesperia now and my god is the combat slow and clunky feeling after playing graces f, zestiria, and berseria as my last 3 tales games. I keep trying to sidestep lol. Feels like it takes an eternity to move after your attack ends. Granted I remember the combat picking up more once you get skills to link more s*** together but still, it's tough to go back. Just about to get worst character karol.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#266
Whelp, almost died count is now at 2. Managed to call 911 in time though and already discharged from the ER. I'm ready for all this to be over and let me go back to just living life again.

On the brightside anti-anxiety meds+senko-san is like negative anxiety. I feel sooooo relaxed.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
1 month ago#267
I'm sorry dude doesn't sound fun at all, you enjoy that cute Lil furry foxy girl

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#268
That sounds awful. I really hope things pick up for you soon.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#269
You know, I'll give one thing to a lot of the anime I've watched recently -- they don't have s***ty cliffhanger endings even if they have unresolved plot points. Live-action is the worst when it comes to stuff like that.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#270
dioxxys posted...
I'm sorry dude doesn't sound fun at all, you enjoy that cute Lil furry foxy girl

keyblader1985 posted...
That sounds awful. I really hope things pick up for you soon.

Thanks for these. I took a big nap and feel a lot better. I have lost 2 pounds since yesterday though which is a bit concerning but I was asleep for like 16 hours altogether so hopefully thats not too abnormal.

Zeus posted...
You know, I'll give one thing to a lot of the anime I've watched recently -- they don't have s***ty cliffhanger endings even if they have unresolved plot points. Live-action is the worst when it comes to stuff like that.

Yeah, I agree now that I think about it.OPM S2 kind of had a cliffhanger but it wasn't that big a deal.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI