You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#251
Started Isekai Quartet, which I've found pretty amusing despite only really being familiar with half of the source material (since I watched s1 of Overlord and Tanya)
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#252
You missing out on konosuba IMO. Still my favorite anime comedy.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#253
YoukaiSlayer posted...

I think he pretty much sticks to what anime is available on Netflix, but I could be wrong.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#254
dragon504 posted...
YoukaiSlayer posted...

I think he pretty much sticks to what anime is available on Netflix, but I could be wrong.

NFI, some Hulu, and what's being bootlegged on YT. I stick more to dubs, though. Some exceptions, but rare at this point.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 1 month ago)

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#255
I caved and bought vesperia on summer sale even though I really can't afford to spend any money right now. I've wanted to play the "full" version of vesperia for too long. Hopefully the dub switching isn't too noticeable.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
I got that Tales of Bersperia game quite a while ago, I need to play it still. I probably should have played it before replaying ffxii.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#257
I bought it recently too; seemed like the plot was interesting.

I really need to pick up my JRPG game. Despite having several, I haven't finished a Tales game since Phantasia, or any Dragon Quest games at all.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#258
Dang man, tales are my favorite jrpgs and they have some really solid games. I still feel like they haven't really made a perfect one though, hopefully tales of arise manages to be that. IMO the stories are all dumb but the characters are great, the combat is really fun, and the worlds are among the most interesting you see in typical jrpgs (xenoblade has the best worlds though).

It might actually be tough for me to go back and play vesperia since the combat system is a lot slower and less focused on mechanical skill than later entries. I'm also gonna miss being the most OP tales character I've played as, velvet (berseria's MC). Once you really get the hang of her, she's virtually invincible even against enemies that should by all rights oneshot you and her discord (the special used on humans) scream still sticks with me.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
1 month ago#259
I have never played a Tales of game, I remember back in the day I really wanted to play symphonia but never did.

I actually own Tales of Berseria but havent touched it.

Other anime rpgs I own but havent touched:
-The legend of heroes
-Valkyria Chronicles

User Info: agesboy

agesboy
1 month ago#260
All 3 really good. Though "Legend of Heroes" is the series not a particular game. The ones we have in english are Trails in the Sky 1+2+3 and Trails of Cold Steel 1+2 (3 and 4 are confirmed). All take dozens of hours to get truly rolling but once they do the payoff is enormous.
http://i.imgur.com/LabbRyN.jpg
raytan and Kana are on opposite ends of the Awesome Spectrum.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI