You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#131
I remember people talking about Tower of God here years ago, like so long that I'm surprised it's still going. I don't remember where I left off, but it was relatively early in.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
1 month ago#132
keyblader1985 posted...
I remember people talking about Tower of God here years ago, like so long that I'm surprised it's still going. I don't remember where I left off, but it was relatively early in.

I remember talking about it when it was still pretty early, like it was still only 30 chapters or so. I dropped it some time after that, but I don't remember why.

Also, apparently FFXV has a movie and miniseries that I need to watch in order to understand the plot?

Of course, I'm still around chapter 5 of a 15 chapter game, so the plot might end up being complete and those would be supplementary things. But all the research I did points to the movie being integral to the game's backstory and lore. The miniseries are apparently just mostly some short episodes to flesh out the chocobros, which I can understand.

But I'm not sure how I feel about a game that has to cut out vital elements of the plot, and can't manage to say what it needs to say within the game itself.

I'm just glad that the short fad of games being this big multimedia thing a while ago hasn't really caught on.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: quigonzel

quigonzel
1 month ago#133
Rewatching New Game! cuz I'm bored. Burned through the first season in one day.
Quigonzel Subs: freshly made subs for a dollar.
Official Mexican Deity of PotD

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#134
T0ffee posted...
Also, apparently FFXV has a movie and miniseries that I need to watch in order to understand the plot?

I haven't played FFXV but as I understood it, a movie(s?) came out before the game giving some backstory about the main characters dad and the main guy's childhood and the political situation but I think you can still gather most of that from playing the game and it isn't vital info. The movie was really poorly rated so it might just be better to read a summary and skip it.

T0ffee posted...

I remember talking about it when it was still pretty early, like it was still only 30 chapters or so. I dropped it some time after that, but I don't remember why.

The first 79 chapters are basically prologue. They don't even introduce the power systems and stuff until like 60 and they don't delve far into it until season 2.

I really wish this was an anime even more than solo leveling because even though the art is great, the action is a bit hard to follow just due to the nature of how all the powers and systems work. Seeing it animated would make it a lot easier to follow the action. Oh well, it's korean so pretty much no chance of that.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
(edited 1 month ago)

T0ffee
1 month ago#135
So I watched the Kingsglaive movie and it was... okay.

I honestly expected more backstories and stuff about the main four, but it's really just about the one day that happens in the main game once you left the city.

Though it definitely feels like you're supposed to watch it AFTER chapter 1 and not as a prologue.

There's a couple of concepts in the movie that you would really only get and appreciate if you've played the game first.

Other than that, everything was, like I said, okay. The voice acting was great, and I really appreciate that they animated the lip-syncing to the dub as well.

Really, the only meaningful character backstory or lore that I got out of it was that the king was a badass. You only briefly see it in the game but here you really see that, woah, he really deserves the command and respect of the throne.

So yeah, I guess the next thing I have to watch is the short anime series Brotherhood. The thread on reddit said that I'm supposed to watch that after Chapter 7 in the game, so I have a way to go before I do that, since I'm still on chapter 5.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#136
Eiyuu Senki has been pretty decent so far. It's kind of like Sengoku Rance, but streamlined and you're aiming for the world, rather than just Japan. Been very little in the way of ero scenes though.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#137
Final Fantasy XV. Because Nomura and friends are so good at wasting huge amounts of money on Development Hell that they need endless tie-ins just to keep the lights on at Square Enix. ... IMO, you'd be better off watching grass grow. But I'm biased.

Still picking at EON while I look for a second job.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

T0ffee
1 month ago#138
Goddammit, another company I liked turns out to be s***ty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYh-6WLBMk

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
1 month ago#139
T0ffee posted...
Goddammit, another company I liked turns out to be s***ty.

That's such a strange thing for them to even do. I almost wonder if it's actually vindictive or just some weird policy from early on they never bothered rethinking. Oh well, if my game development gets off the ground at least it'll be easy to generate goodwill with how all the other companies act.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

T0ffee
1 month ago#140
You know, it's never really talked about much, but English dubbed OPs were pretty good if done well.

Now, with the boom of anime culture in recent years, it's getting easier and easier to find passionate people who can really put their all into making a dub of an OP sound just as good as the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox0lBHmIrWM

EDIT: And here's the original for comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYfdanAahVI

And I gotta say, I actually kinda like the english one better a little bit! I feel like they have much more energy and enthusiasm in their delivery.

Of course, that might just be because I can actually understand what they're saying.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXVI