You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 weeks ago#341
Just give me Nevan from DMC3, and I'm ready to rock.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#342
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Just give me Nevan from DMC3, and I'm ready to rock.

👊
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#343
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Reading your post, the first thing I thought of was Loom.

I still have the old issue of Game Player's that goes over that game. Good stuff.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#344
I have finished posting chapters of "Elysium Shining" at that one site with the test audience. People are loving the ending so far that have read it, which is a good sign. Meanwhile, my proofreading buddy and I are about halfway through the final edits. I'm estimating 33 days worth of work left to do if he goes over 3k words a day.

So it's a matter of supporting myself, somehow, until some point after I've published online. I'm confident that this novel will make a living for at least a good while.

Hopefully I'll have another story or two ready to publish by that point too. We'll see. @_@
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#345
idk, strikes me as being a little too risky to devote so much time to writing and proof-editing when you're in dire straits. =x

Out of curiosity, though, what site are you using?
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
3 weeks ago#346
Zeus posted...
idk, strikes me as being a little too risky to devote so much time to writing and proof-editing when you're in dire straits. =x

Not as much time as you might be thinking. When I was writing the first draft or doing the first revision I had only dedicated 2 hours per weekday and 3 per Sat or Sunday. Now I check my Google Doc once a day, six times a week, for little edits that take up less than a half hour per day for me (possibly longer for my buddy).

Zeus posted...
Out of curiosity, though, what site are you using?

A site I would link if it didn't risk being against the ToS. There aren't any obscene images there, but some of the stories are erotic in nature, so the mods and admins here might frown on it. On the other hand, family friendly stories exist there as well, and my latest novel is somewhere in the middle.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#347
My Thursday night D&D group is taking a brief hiatus because one of my players had to fire another one of my players from a job. That type of awkwardness requires a little time to diffuse. *shrugs* What can you do, right?

In the meantime, I've been continuing my research into different types of OSR play (i.e. D&D retroclones). Got immersed in the differences between the White Hack and the Black Hack, so, surprise, there's one dev who took bits and pieces of each and made a sort of 'zebra' hack called Macchiato Monsters. Going to give that a try and see how it plays, though I'm at the the point where I'm using White Box FMAG as my measuring stick. (There's also a Red Hack, a Blue Hack, and so on; it's a bit silly.) Missed the window to back Old School Essentials (formerly B / X Essentials) on Kickstarter, but I'm looking at backing the Red Book, a massively upgraded version of the Black Book, which is itself derived from the Rules Cyclopedia.

There's a saying about standing on the shoulders of giants, but I guess this is a bit more like stacking up dwarves until one of them can see the horizon.

The table next to mine at the Wednesday night session (the D&D 2E one I mentioned way above) is running Mutant Crawl Classics. I don't play that, but it's a lot of fun to listen to.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#348
I_Abibde posted...
My Thursday night D&D group is taking a brief hiatus because one of my players had to fire another one of my players from a job. That type of awkwardness requires a little time to diffuse. *shrugs* What can you do, right?

Kek kek kek kek. What kind of job are they doing?

At any rate, a friend lost some members from his D&D group and he's been asking me to play. I really don't want to.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#349
Just checking in, nothing major to report.

I started watching SGDQ, and I have enjoyed a few of the speed runs, so that's nice.

Otherwise, it's all quiet on the western front. It is freaking hot though. Otjer than the movies I'm over summer.
We are who we choose to be.

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#350
Zeus posted...
Kek kek kek kek. What kind of job are they doing?

Except for my wife, all of us work at the same pizzeria. Kinda like the party in Critical Failures, but not as destructive to their surroundings (and each other).
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek