You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#311
And I have you lot to blame for getting me into it. :-P

We're going to do either White Star or One Dice next week. I haven't decided yet, but it's going to be a sci-fi theme, regardless.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: CyborgSage00x0

CyborgSage00x0
1 month ago#312
Good lord, I straight up forgot E3 existed at all this year.

Blame it on my backlog keeping me disinterested in what is coming out.
PotD's resident Film Expert.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#313
The Microsoft press conference was meh. Except the inclusion of Ted Theodore Logan in Cyberpunk 2077, which is not a Microsoft game. Overall, it was boring and Sony will be greatly missed unless Square knocks it out of the park tomorrow.

Hope8they will.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#314
And then the heavens opened up and gave us what we wanted, unlike Microsoft.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmDeliU1Sc

March 3, 2020.
We are who we choose to be.
CyborgSage00x0 posted...
Good lord, I straight up forgot E3 existed at all this year.

I stopped caring about it years ago, because it's pretty much a giant c***-tease most of the time anyway, and anything worth knowing will wind up online afterwards regardless.

I won't go so far as to say it's the Oscars of gaming in terms of complete irrelevance, but it's close.

The Wave Master posted...

That game is going to be so, so s***. I can't imagine any scenario where it doesn't wind up being a massive disappointment to the vast majority of people obsessing over it now.

And that's not even a "Older games are better and should be preserved exactly the way they originally were!" mindset, or even a "You should never remake good games/movies/shows/songs/books/etc because they will never live up to the nostalgic appeal of the original" mindset (even if both of those things are usually true), because it IS possible to remake an older, popular game and "modernize" it without losing what made it so appealing in the first place (RE2 did a good job of this, I'd say). But I get zero impression that Squeenix even understands what made FFVII so popular in the first place, or are capable of ever properly translating that into something that will appeal to both old and new audiences. This is going to be a clusterf*** with a capital C, and a capital f***.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#316
ParanoidObsessive posted...
But I get zero impression that Squeenix even understands what made FFVII so popular in the first place, or are capable of ever properly translating that into something that will appeal to both old and new audiences. This is going to be a clusterf*** with a capital C, and a capital f***.

'Tis going to be a veritable event horizon of butthurt, and my inner sadist (i.e. my inner FF6 fan) is looking forward to seeing it, really.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#317
Ew. Apparently the Marvel Legends Wendigo BAF is going to be going to an Alpha Flight-themed wave. Not sure why they couldn't have instead done that with Sasquatch, considering he has an actual team affiliation going there. Instead we get a Caliban wave where I was tempted to pick up stuff but didn't care about the BAF and a Wendigo wave where I like the BAF but don't care about the lineup.

Granted, I have 4/6 Sasquatch pieces so I guess I could just paint them white or something... although Wendigo has a different chest piece so I'd be stuck buying--- s***, Guardian. Was hoping it was at least Boomer. Hasbro *usually* packages a female character with the largest BAF piece, which is why X-23 and Jubilee came with BAF torso pieces.

I guess I can hope for re-release or variant release down the road (since I don't love the headsculpt anyway). Otherwise I'd have to buy the BAF by itself which can cost almost as much as buying the whole wave. Or *maybe* down the road Diamond Select Toys will do a better-looking version

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmDeliU1Sc

March 3, 2020.

Well, it managed to get me interested.

ParanoidObsessive posted...

That game is going to be so, so s***. I can't imagine any scenario where it doesn't wind up being a massive disappointment to the vast majority of people obsessing over it now.

And that's not even a "Older games are better and should be preserved exactly the way they originally were!" mindset, or even a "You should never remake good games/movies/shows/songs/books/etc because they will never live up to the nostalgic appeal of the original" mindset (even if both of those things are usually true), because it IS possible to remake an older, popular game and "modernize" it without losing what made it so appealing in the first place (RE2 did a good job of this, I'd say). But I get zero impression that Squeenix even understands what made FFVII so popular in the first place, or are capable of ever properly translating that into something that will appeal to both old and new audiences. This is going to be a clusterf*** with a capital C, and a capital f***.

If it's not an action-RPG, I'll already be disappointed.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
1 month ago#318
I actually do have hopes for the VII remake, but I'm still gonna wait to hear opinions about it before I spend money on it
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#319
Finally sat down and read the Old Man Logan TPB I *thought* I had mentioned buying in this topic. It was... well, overhyped. The story is cool in its own way, although it feels like it cribs waaaaaaaaay too much from Millar's earlier Wanted on a basic conceptual level and there are a lot of logical inconsistencies (Mysterio somehow being able to fool all of Wolverine's senses, areas just seemingly going to hell simply because supervillains rule them, and a lack of explanation for why the military, etc, never seemed to step in). And the work as a whole just felt really rushed, given how quickly they got into and out of situations.

However, the little touches like what became of the heroes, villains, etc, was really nice. Things like Hammer's Fall give a sense of lore and other remnants (like Pym's giant-sized skeleton) instill a sense of wonder. While I know that Old Man Logan was used afterward, I'm kinda curious what other stories are set in that continuity.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
I've never been able to stand anything Millar writes. He always comes across like too much head-up-his-own-ass edgy teen writing for my taste.

He's far from the only writer I feel that way about, though.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek