You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#261
Entity13 posted...
As for the Lois and Clark show, I remember watching it when I was young. It was... fine when I was little, though I did have questions. For instance, would it hurt for her to slap Clark after the first time she learned his identity?

Clark probably sold the slap. iirc, in the past he's used his super-senses to judge when something was going to hit him and moved his body to make it look like he was hurt. If he moved his face as she struck it, she wouldn't have felt much
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: Nade Duck

Nade Duck
4 weeks ago#262
hi guys how r u
http://i.imgur.com/ElACjJD.gifv
"Most of the time, I have a whole lot more sperm inside me than most women do." - adjl

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#263
Nade Duck posted...
hi guys how r u

I'm out of money, no one has hired me despite the time and energy put into looking for work, my phone is dying on me, a ton of nice clothes are torn and no longer nice for interviews, and I have the oh-so-fun process ahead of me of revising my novel (then formatting) so I can publish it.

How are you?
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Nade Duck

Nade Duck
4 weeks ago#264
ouch

i am okay. i am looking for a new place so i don't have to give up my cat, as well as a new job. also went to sonic temple over the weekend and got to see a great cover of under pressure by foo fighters and the guy from the struts.

also i think i almost got shot in the head on the way home but i'm alive so whatever. sake is good.
http://i.imgur.com/ElACjJD.gifv
"Most of the time, I have a whole lot more sperm inside me than most women do." - adjl
I'm finally getting around to watching Endgame tomorrow. I've successfully managed to avoid literally all spoilers so far. I am awesome at Internetting.

I_Abibde posted...
Dean Cain as Clark and Teri Hatcher as Lois. Not considered one of the best Superman properties, but is at least slightly above the old Superboy show from several years prior, IMO.

I remember, at the time, not being entirely sure about him as Superman. By the end, I still wasn't entirely sure about him as Superman, but I did like him as an actor, and he seemed like a nice guy. So I always felt bad for him that he never really managed to do anything more significant afterward.

As for Teri Hatcher as Lois, she always came across as a bit too b****y. I was mostly like, "Why would Clark ever be interested in her?"

The show did give us the Death of Superman storyline, which in turn basically gave us Knightfall and Emerald Twilight, so I'm cool with it.

Zeus posted...
tbh, I always remember him more for hosting Ripley's Believe It or Not... and just for being a celebrity.

I will never remember him from Ripley's Believe It or Not... because there is only One True Host for Ripley's Believe It or Not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZBmwlkq2E&t=2m45s

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

Zeus
4 weeks ago#266
ParanoidObsessive posted...
So I always felt bad for him that he never really managed to do anything more significant afterward.

Playing Superman is always a hard act to follow.

The show did give us the Death of Superman storyline, which in turn basically gave us Knightfall and Emerald Twilight, so I'm cool with it.

Oo

Well, that was... unexpected.

I will never remember him from Ripley's Believe It or Not... because there is only One True Host for Ripley's Believe It or Not:

Oh yeah, forgot that guy because Dean Cain is just that much more charismatic =p
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
Zeus posted...
Playing Superman is always a hard act to follow.

Yes.

BECAUSE OF THE CURSE!

Zeus posted...
Well, that was... unexpected.

It's been mentioned before that DC was trying to sync up the comics to the TV show, but the timing of the show was different from the timing of writing a comic, so while Superman had already proposed to Lois in the comics, in the show they weren't really at that point yet, so they felt like they needed to come up with a way to stall the wedding in the comics.

They were basically at a lunch meeting (Superman had like four different comics at the time, each with a different writer, so they used to have regular meetings to discuss storylines so they didn't step on each other's toes), and were getting frustrated because none of them had any good ideas, and one of the writers basically just blurted out "Ahh, screw it, we should just kill him."

They meant it as a joke, but some of the others got really excited about the idea, and they basically whipped up the entire Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen storyline outline from that.

So without Lois and Clark the TV show, that literally would never have happened.

And then the Death of Superman was so incredibly successful DC was like "WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN!", which is what led to the Batman writers going off the next year and brainstorming up the entire Knightfall storyline, which led to the creation of Bane and Azrael, and then Dick Grayson getting to be Batman for the first prolonged period of time.

Then that was super-successful, and DC was like "WE NEED TO DO THIS AGAIN AGAIN!", so they spun the whole "Green Lantern goes crazy and kills everybody" storyline from Emerald Twilight based on the fallout from the end of the Reign of the Supermen storyline where Coast City gets blown up. Which in itself wasn't THAT good... but it did give us Kyle Rayner, and the later retcons to fix all the things Emerald Twilight broke gave us the Geoff Johns reboot years later, which gave us all the other Lantern Corps and the War of Light/Blackest Night storyline, so that's A++ as well.

And it essentially all happened because of Lois and Clark.

Zeus posted...
Oh yeah, forgot that guy because Dean Cain is just that much more charismatic =p

-_-

I'm going to find you, and I'm going to bite you.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

Zeus
4 weeks ago#268
Just realized how many open tabs I have on my other laptop's Firefox, so I'll probably go through that this weekend >_< Granted, it's probably going to be a hectic weekend so by "this weekend" I might actually mean "the weekend after the weekend after this one" because, well, I don't think I'll get to it next weekend either. But I definitely want to trim it down a bit.

It's been mentioned before that DC was trying to sync up the comics to the TV show, but the timing of the show was different from the timing of writing a comic, so while Superman had already proposed to Lois in the comics, in the show they weren't really at that point yet, so they felt like they needed to come up with a way to stall the wedding in the comics.

Yeah, I read the wikipedia page after you mentioned it because I wasn't sure if you were referring to an incident on the show or what. It was an interesting development, to say the least, although it seemingly set a terrible precedent considering how many comics nowadays seem to adjust themselves to fit the films, etc.

I'm going to find you, and I'm going to bite you.

It's a good thing that you lack a very particular set of skills!
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 weeks ago#269

So much this.

But b****y or not, Teri Hatcher in her prime was a total smokeshow.
The SBA has closed for business, we thank you for your patronage Assassins.
~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#270
WhiskeyDisk posted...

So much this.

But b****y or not, Teri Hatcher in her prime was a total smokeshow.

C'mon guys, this isn't like when Riker took over on Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction! (Although he did do a pretty decent job.)
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek