You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek
I_Abibde posted...
Solving FOE-based puzzles

Friend or Enemy puzzles?

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
4 weeks ago#252
FOEs in that game series are mini-bosses

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#253
Enemies that are visible on your map. They are generally strong enough to body your entire party when you first enter a dungeon, though it becomes possible to take them on if you take your time and level up.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#254
It's over 152k words now. I have one more chapter and the epilogue to go. Whew...
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

Entity13
3 weeks ago#255
And of course the last chapter and epilogue ended up being insanely long. The first draft of ES came out to 165k words.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#256
Went on nerd/geek buying spree today. Picked up the following:

-Season 5 of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (from a thrift store which had other seasons. Can barely remember the show, but will likely buy the other seasons if I enjoy it)

-Transformers Devastation for $10 new (still don't have a ps4, but likely getting one Black Friday)

-Farcry 4 for $2 used and without case

-Pop! Shere Khan from Gamestop for $2.50

-Bad Dudes (vs Dragon Ninja) Micro Player from Wal-Mart for $5. (Hadn't owned one of these mini-arcade cabinets. Been forever since I played the game, had forgotten how lousy it is.)

-MGS: Snake Eater 3D for $4. (I have the ps2 version which I never played, but couldn't resist at that price)

-Full Auto 2: Battle Lines for $4. (Intrigued by the weird combat racing game, despite not being a racing fan.)

-Pokemon Let's Go! Pikachu bundle with the Pokeball+ for $70. (Had wanted to get one of the P:LG! games eventually, but was holding off for a decent price. This just kinda made sense, since I'm guessing at most I might only save like an additional $10 on the bundle if I waited for a sale and I kinda have wanted either the PG Plus or the Pokeball Plus for PoGo. Effectively I'm paid $40 for the game and $30 for the device.)
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 weeks ago#257
I have not bought a game in a long while. I was in Gamestop last Wednesday because my wife was getting her hair done right next door at Ulta. I spent a good 30 minutes just growing the Swiitch and PS4 sections, but I didn't feel like paying full retail price for a lot of the games, and the cheaper ones for 20 bucks I felt could wait.

Unless Resident Evil , MK 11, or Devil May Cry 5 all drop two 2 bucks before Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 drops, that trend may still co tune for the summer.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
3 weeks ago#258
Entity13 posted...
And of course the last chapter and epilogue ended up being insanely long. The first draft of ES came out to 165k words.

And now, the torture that is editing.

Zeus posted...
-Season 5 of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (from a thrift store which had other seasons. Can barely remember the show, but will likely buy the other seasons if I enjoy it)

Dean Cain as Clark and Teri Hatcher as Lois. Not considered one of the best Superman properties, but is at least slightly above the old Superboy show from several years prior, IMO.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 weeks ago#259
The Wave Master posted...
I have not bought a game in a long while. I was in Gamestop last Wednesday because my wife was getting her hair done right next door at Ulta. I spent a good 30 minutes just growing the Swiitch and PS4 sections, but I didn't feel like paying full retail price for a lot of the games, and the cheaper ones for 20 bucks I felt could wait.

I tend to not buy games all that often, mostly because they just join the backlog.

I_Abibde posted...
Zeus posted...

Dean Cain as Clark and Teri Hatcher as Lois. Not considered one of the best Superman properties, but is at least slightly above the old Superboy show from several years prior, IMO.

tbh, I always remember him more for hosting Ripley's Believe It or Not... and just for being a celebrity.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Entity13
3 weeks ago#260
I_Abibde posted...
Entity13 posted...

And now, the torture that is editing.

Zeus posted...

I'm an eternal oddball and don't mind editing. I mentioned before that I have a buddy beta/peer reading the first draft, and I can use another pair of eyes on the matter. That makes the polish go quicker and easier.

As for the Lois and Clark show, I remember watching it when I was young. It was... fine when I was little, though I did have questions. For instance, would it hurt for her to slap Clark after the first time she learned his identity?
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek