You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
3 months ago#1
You know the rules, well you should by now: Post anything Geek or Nerd related. It can be anything in movies, television, video games, books, comics, board games, or even pop culture. But never sports... Us Geeks know nothing of the evil sports and the hated jocks, stupid jocks.

Per tradition we have an opening topic question to keep the conversation going.

"Whether you are a hero or a viallain what would be your fatal flaw? What would stop you from defeating the bad guy, or losing to the good guy every single time?"

Bonus Question: How would you overcome this fatal flaw, and more importantly, could you?

Wrap up from "Stan By Geek"in The upcoming post.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
3 months ago#2
My first fatal flaw would be how quickly or easily things break around me. I would attempt, furthermore, to direct this flaw at time and space around my opponent, and destroy them utterly, and existentially, before any death can possibly take them.

The second fatal flaw is how easily I piss people off the more right I am about anything, not because I wave the facts in front of their face (not something I generally do at all really) but because I'm constantly surrounded by people who cannot face facts, who must seek scapegoats for their own bulls***, and I'm always there trying to be a better person than I was before. As such, the more I try to improve, the more that the universe causes everyone else to act like opposing factions in any Total War game.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#3
The Wave Master posted...
"Whether you are a hero or a viallain what would be your fatal flaw? What would stop you from defeating the bad guy, or losing to the good guy every single time?"

Wow, starting the new topic with a typo.

And I'll answer the same way I do in interviews: My flaw is being too perfect >_>

Bonus Question: How would you overcome this fatal flaw, and more importantly, could you?

Dunno.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
3 months ago#4
Kinda regretting not wasting my money on that oversized combining Legendary Voltron set for $75 or so back when TRU was going out of business and clearancing everything. I still somewhat want it but buying everything separately is going to probably run me close to $120. At that point I could just get the new Classic Voltron instead since it lists about the same price. Granted, *neither* one is exactly something I need and it would eat up a lot of display space (which is always something of an issue), but I've never had a full combining robot and I feel more like getting that than buying a Legacy Megazord

Walmart.com has the Green listed for $13, the Blue for $15, and the Red for $17. The Black I could get on Amazon for $35 (full list), but it looks like I might be stuck paying $22 for the Yellow (which is more than full list). If all of that worked (and I couldn't find a cheaper Yellow or Black), that would put met at around $102 before taxes.

The new classic ones are $20 each for four and then $35 for the Black which, pricing-wise, is a lot cheaper than the Mattel run (and the after-market for the Mattel lions is insane).

And yes, there's also the Die-Cast line which is a bit cheaper (with the combined Voltron being smaller as well), but the savings aren't that huge and it feels like a substantial trade-down for a minor savings.

I should mention I *still* haven't even tried watching the Netflix series yet. >_>
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 3 months ago)

The Wave Master
3 months ago#5
Sorry for the typo everyone. I didn't proofread as well as I would have liked, but I was distracted by my wife and some very bad news.

It turns out my older brother has septic shock, and is presently in a coma. He's been non responsive since Monday, and I didn't handle it well. I started drinking. Not alcohol, because I'm not a drinker or like the taste of alcohol, but fruit juice. With severe renal failure I'm on fluid restriction, and can only have 32 fluid ounces a day, and I went well over.

I was distracted by my wife because she was jumping up and down and asking me to put lotion on her foot and bribing me with boobs. I like boobs.

I stand by the typo because of a coma and boobs.

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
3 months ago#6
I have a massive Warhammer 40k army and all my friends are dead (hyperbole, I don't have any friends - but my gaming group did shut down)

So I have no one to play with
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos
Popping in to tag the topic, be back later.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

The Wave Master
3 months ago#8
On a side note: Don't do anything illegal in Japan. I mean anything illegal.

Judgment got pulled from Japanese shelves because of a drug bust on a voice actor in the game. I read this article, and I was blown away by how strict all of their laws are. Granted, I heard of these draconian laws before, but it's worse than I imagined.

https://kotaku.com/why-japan-is-so-strict-about-drugs-1833286755

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
3 months ago#9
No drugs, but they drink like fish
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos
On a side note: Don't do anything illegal in Japan. I mean anything illegal.

Judgment got pulled from Japanese shelves because of a drug bust on a voice actor in the game. I read this article, and I was blown away by how strict all of their laws are. Granted, I heard of these draconian laws before, but it's worse than I imagined.

https://kotaku.com/why-japan-is-so-strict-about-drugs-1833286755

I heard that story yesterday via this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tej7fiwmxwE

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. PotdMon: Nerd/Geek