You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXV

User Info: HitomiKagewaki

HitomiKagewaki
4 weeks ago#91
I've heard Reincarnated into a slime will have 24 episodes. Anyone got any good horror anime to recommend? Alien Nine was okay(the anime only has 4 blooody episodes) more werid than horror at times.
PSN: arawn-deathlord 3ds: 2766-8393-3308 If you add either or both please PM me. Someday I will have both a ps4 and the Nintendo NX.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#92
I_Abibde posted...
YoukaiSlayer posted...
Still a good game but it might not be as good as the first xenoblade.

*reads entire post*

Good to see that Monolith Soft is still consistent when it comes to quality and emphasis (i.e. they tend to drop the ball in the final act of a game).

idk, seems to make more sense to drop quality near the end than early on or midway through when people are more likely to stop playing.

keyblader1985 posted...
I liked the Pokemon card game, but not half as much as I like Yu-Gi-Oh. I dropped the Pokemon CCG kind of quickly; just a little after the Johto expansions started releasing.

I gave up on physical Yu-Gi-Oh cards because it was just too much, but I still love the game. Maybe if we got more Pokemon TCG video games I'd still be into that. I need to play the second GBC game, come to think of it.

I think I preferred the Pokemon CCG to YGO but I dropped the Pokemon CCG earlier than YGO, largely for the reason you mention -- lack of video games. MtG was always my jam, though.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#93
Still playing xenoblade 2 and one thing is exceedingly annoying. You generally have 2 accessory slots and accessories are very strong but in NG+ only, you can get a 3rd slot. Theres also 5 or so blades that are new game+ exclusive and the affinity trees for the characters are extended. Basically, this means if you want to get your strongest you are forced to blitz through the game on NG+ again (which will take a while) which resets all sidequests and stuff of which I've done over 100 hours of. I'd really like to just be able to get those things in post game and not have to waste so much extra time. Depending on if I have the patience to do that, I'm either almost done with the game or have a long way to go.

It's also a bit disappointing how overpowered all the DLC blades are. They make just about all the base blades pointless outside of mythra, pnuema and poppi.

Watched the double length first episode of shield hero. It's pretty decent so far. Looking forward to seeing where they go with it. Might try some other stuff too. I've decided to save boogiepop for after it's ended. Can't really get a handle on how well this adaptation is turning out. It's MAL rating is fairly low but it seems to be mostly people that have trouble following whats happening and the original was the most confusing thing to follow I have ever seen (and I've seen a lot of stuff). Some people seemed to be enjoying this new one quite a lot so I still have hope that it's a quality adaptation.

Not sure if I want to watch promised neverland while it's airing or when it ends. I guess I could at least watch the first episode and decide based on that.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#94
Good to hear that I am not the only person who has always found Boogiepop to be hard to follow. I remember the U.S. manga release making no sense (and having no volume numbers).

I never played any of the anime-based CCGs, and I only dabbled in MTG (... because CCGs always seemed to bring out the worst in people, back in the day, and my opinion of that has not changed).

HitomiKagewaki posted...
Is hidive any good?

Hidive (i.e. Sentai Filmworks) is a relatively small service, but the price is good ($4.99 U.S. / month or $47.99 U.S. / year), and it has a number of exclusives that cannot be watched elsewhere, including classics like Legend of the Galactic Heroes and Aura Battler Dunbine. Many fans will tell you that it would be worth getting for LOTGH alone, in fact. I recommend giving it a browse and seeing if anything you might like is on there. Down side: Its availability on non-PC devices is a mite strange. I can watch it on my Android-based tablet, for example, but not on a Roku. Check the device listings.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
4 weeks ago#95
Damn, I'm all antsy right now. A coworker just randomly asked me if I'm into K-pop. Which I'm not - but it's phenomenally close to what I do like, Japanese music. I'd love to talk more about it since I've never discussed my music interests with anyone (outside of the internet). But then we got pretty busy at work and after that I went on break.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
4 weeks ago#96
Watched the first two eps of promised neverland. I was pretty close to being right on the money with what was going on I thought they were being harvested for organs for rich people. That's kinda technically correct.. A few things are bugging me so far in how they are handling it but even if they are smart I guess they are still kids why wouldn't they have someone trying to stop "mom" from using the tracker when they are checking out the wall. Why would they stay there and talk instead of heading back into the forest to talk? Why haven't they noticed there clearly is a place for adult humans in the world since "mom" is an adult human (presumably, maybe it's some kinda disguise, who knows)? Why didn't they check more of the wall to see if any trees hang over the wall? Why would "mom" even bother trying to show them she can track them? There's literally no advantage for her in doing that. I'm thinking that just maybe she wants them to escape but that could very easily not be the case. Why haven't the kids considered murdering "mom" and casually making their way over the wall?.

Still, interesting concept. I hope the entire first season isn't devoted to them trying to escape the farm, but I get the feeling it will be. I also hope the story doesn't fall apart after that since it's likely going to be a lot different and theres no telling if the author can write both kinds of things well.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)
keyblader1985 posted...
A coworker just randomly asked me if I'm into K-pop.

Was it a dude or chick coworker?
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
4 weeks ago#98
Girl; she's quite a bit younger than me.

I never got to talk with her again; we were both busy with different things at different places for the rest of the day. And she's normally a closer and I work mornings, so I don't know when I'll be able to talk to her again.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
keyblader1985 posted...
And she's normally a closer and I work mornings, so I don't know when I'll be able to talk to her again.

Jurassic Park taught us that life...finds a way.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
4 weeks ago#100
Anyone else keeping up with the My Hero Academia manga?

Because WOW, there's been a major development in the latest chapter.

Looks like the Avatar theory is correct and Deku can now use the quirks of the previous One for All users.

I don't really know how to feel about this development.

On one hand, it seems that it could easily become too overpowered for the story to handle without there being a significant power creep. Plus, it kinda loses the "boy without a quirk becomes the world's greatest hero" narrative when the story just up and gives him 6 new quirks out of nowhere.

On the other, and my personal theory/hope on what will happen, is that Deku might never reach the full 100% strength that All Might had, but instead will use his tactical mind jutsu to combine and utilize the quirks he has to make up for it.

It definitely gives off that Avatar feel where Deku now has to learn and master new powers in order to ultimately defeat the big bad at the end.

In any case, I'm really excited to see where the story will go from here.
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXV