You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXV

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#21
Eh, that Ghost Stories dub is pretty bad -- mostly because they shoe-horned in a lot of crappy humor that ruins the mood -- but I'll likely watch it instead of the sub simply due to not feeling like watching subbed anything lately.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: dioxxys

dioxxys
1 month ago#22
Zeus posted...
Eh, that Ghost Stories dub is pretty bad -- mostly because they shoe-horned in a lot of crappy humor that ruins the mood -- but I'll likely watch it instead of the sub simply due to not feeling like watching subbed anything lately.

Oh Ghost stories dub is infamous for its DUB!

Theres like no reason to watch it for its sub

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
1 month ago#23
dioxxys posted...
Theres like no reason to watch it for its sub

Seconding this. Funimation dubbed it the way they did because the show had nothing going for it otherwise.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#24
I finished playing through all of Kingdom Hearts (minus Re:Chain of Memories; I don't hate it like some people do, but I just don't have the energy to go through it a third time). I guess I have time to go for a Platinum or two in the next month. Or maybe I should give it a rest and play something else for a while.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai

Zeus
1 month ago#25
Oo

How so?
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: keyblader1985

keyblader1985
1 month ago#26
The PS4 collections. I actually should have waited a couple days before finishing the last game in the collection; I beat KH1 at almost exactly midnight on New Year's a year ago.
Official King of PotD
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: dragon504

dragon504
1 month ago#27
Been mainly playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and getting my cowboy on. Game has a lot of nice detail.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/dragon504
http://followmy.tv/u/dragon504/time_wasted

Zeus
1 month ago#28
keyblader1985 posted...
The PS4 collections. I actually should have waited a couple days before finishing the last game in the collection; I beat KH1 at almost exactly midnight on New Year's a year ago.

If that was meant in regards to my post, I was actually questioning their remarks about Ghost Stories. If you look at the time-stamp, I posted within the same minute you did =p
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: T0ffee

T0ffee
1 month ago#29
Zeus posted...
keyblader1985 posted...

If that was meant in regards to my post, I was actually questioning their remarks about Ghost Stories. If you look at the time-stamp, I posted within the same minute you did =p

Regarding Ghost Stories, the story is that the anime bombed so hard in Japan that when the studio (Animax) presented it the localization team (ADV Films) for them to dub, they gave them total creative freedom as long as they followed these three rules:

"1. Do not change the names of any character, including the ghosts.
2. Do not change the way any ghost is killed as it is based on Asian ghost legends.
3. Do not change the meaning of the episode."

As long as they followed those, Animax told the dub team to "do whatever else you want to make the show successful."

I don't think Animax truly realized what they were signing up for. :P
"Splashing water on a pervert is like putting lasers on a shark" - Shiho Shishido

User Info: Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur
1 month ago#30
what the f*** even happened in Tokyo esp
and lookin' back i think you knew
i wanted to be just like you
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Anime, Manga, VN, JRPG, Related Things Discussion Topic LXXXV