You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#271
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Korruptor posted...
Yeah, I used to play as healer until I got sick of dealing with people who blame their mistakes on others because they think they're hot ****.

To be fair, even the best of healers I've dealt with in my MMO days tended to be the first to blame the DDs and tanks for not protecting them when they died despite begging for heals so that they could actually do so.

The same healers would also blame the Archer they let die for not being able to buff their move speed.

As a glass canon archer I learned very early on not to actually depend on healers for much of anything since upwards of 90% of them were insufferable pricks with massive chips on their shoulders.

No offense Korr. 😅

Oh believe me, when I play as a DPS I find some healers who tunnelvise on themselves or the tank, and we DPS end up dying to unavoidable damage. Then I find some healers who are actually good at what they do, and keep everyone alive who isn't a complete idiot that steps in bad stuff or wanders off to the other side of the world. I make it a point to stay within healing range, not stand in s***, and do the fight mechanics, and yet I still die when there's a bad healer.

When I play tank, I end up crossing my fingers and hoping for the best when I pull two or three groups of trash mobs, because some healers, despite their gear, barely do enough, if that. I do pop my defensive cooldowns and everything.

As a healer, however, I keep finding people who run off to the-gods-know-where, people who will treat that fire like a buff or their best friend, tanks who don't use cooldowns or will line-of-sight my heals while I'm casting, and co-healers who barely cast anything and blame me for not doing my job (lol no I don't think so buddy). People whose heads aren't crammed up their asses generally enjoy my heals because I keep them up while doing a substantial amount of damage myself, and all while managing my mana/MP (the lack of management or dps uptime is why I detest healing in WoW, btw).

As a crafter or a gatherer I don't really see any of these problems. Then again, I do see people selling stuff on the market board for cheaper than if they just vendor trashed it, or flooding the market with an item that doesn't sell terribly often and "Oh, s***, why has the price gone down from a million to 30k in one afternoon? Damn undercutters!"

People are dumb, no matter the role I take. I sometimes wish I could successfully multi-box in some games because I trust myself more than I do 78% (roughly) of players I encounter. The people who do earn my trust are sometimes amused by my sass, especially as I go to kick one of the idiots from the party.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#272
Finally saw Venom, which wasn't terrible. The costume and some of the effects were cool, but the story was garbage since it had that whole "been there, done that" superhero origin movie feel. And Tom Hardy was a kinda crappy Eddie Brock, even if it was still an improvement over Topher Grace.

There was a lot of potential, but it was mostly squandered due to how forced the whole thing was. Also I'm a little confused, because I can't recall when the other symbiote died. I know that one died after bonding with Doris, but what happened to the other one? Also I was kinda annoyed that, despite having a total of four symbiotes, we only got to see two in action. I thought the yellow symbiote was a clear set-up for Scream.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#273
Entity13 posted...
WhiskeyDisk posted...
Korruptor posted...
Yeah, I used to play as healer until I got sick of dealing with people who blame their mistakes on others because they think they're hot ****.

[Words]

Oh believe me, when I play as a DPS I find some healers who tunnelvise on themselves or the tank, and we DPS end up dying to unavoidable damage. Then I find some healers who are actually good at what they do, and keep everyone alive who isn't a complete idiot that steps in bad stuff or wanders off to the other side of the world. I make it a point to stay within healing range, not stand in s***, and do the fight mechanics, and yet I still die when there's a bad healer.

When I play tank, I end up crossing my fingers and hoping for the best when I pull two or three groups of trash mobs, because some healers, despite their gear, barely do enough, if that. I do pop my defensive cooldowns and everything.

As a healer, however, I keep finding people who run off to the-gods-know-where, people who will treat that fire like a buff or their best friend, tanks who don't use cooldowns or will line-of-sight my heals while I'm casting, and co-healers who barely cast anything and blame me for not doing my job (lol no I don't think so buddy). People whose heads aren't crammed up their asses generally enjoy my heals because I keep them up while doing a substantial amount of damage myself, and all while managing my mana/MP (the lack of management or dps uptime is why I detest healing in WoW, btw).

As a crafter or a gatherer I don't really see any of these problems. Then again, I do see people selling stuff on the market board for cheaper than if they just vendor trashed it, or flooding the market with an item that doesn't sell terribly often and "Oh, s***, why has the price gone down from a million to 30k in one afternoon? Damn undercutters!"

People are dumb, no matter the role I take. I sometimes wish I could successfully multi-box in some games because I trust myself more than I do 78% (roughly) of players I encounter. The people who do earn my trust are sometimes amused by my sass, especially as I go to kick one of the idiots from the party.

Don't get me wrong @Entity13, I get why healers are so...tempermental. you know me well enough to know the closest I'd ever get to playing a support class is Bard and that's way too twitchy for me in real time. You never stuck around pandorasaga long enough to see me hit #1 sniper on the server, but Varik only had 3 or 4 healers that were worth a damn, one was a queen b****, one was a lovable troll, and the other two were actually alts of players that were far more useful on their mains as not-healers.

Sad part was, in both pve and pvp there were monks, enchanters, and exorcists that were better healers than people that put their all Into actually being healers. hell, there were paladins that were better healers ...

Hence why I was the tankiest glass canon via gear with potion bonuses crafted into my pants I could possibly theory craft. By PS's demise my sniper was basically a 2h sword user with a bow that could go toe to toe in duels with most classes that didn't rely on mounts.

Wished you'd hung out long enough for us to find an exploit the jp server hadn't figured out with a 4 year head start...

Nothing like logging in after a maintenance trapped in the GM's test map until half the guild logged in to show the GM's how we actually one shot the best mage/tank pair from another faction thru grimy, but entirely legit means that nobody had thought to pull off in game across 3 other servers, lol.

It wouldn't be the first or last time a handful of us got "called into the principal's office" for theory crafting either...
http://i.imgur.com/4fmtLFt.gif
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#274
Pandorasaga was such a mismanaged clusterf*** of an MMO, but I'll always have a soft spot for it since it's probably the one thing in the world I can say I was literally #1 in my class worldwide in for over a year and a half.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#275
Spider-man: Far From Home trailer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DYYtuKyMtY8
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#276
Was kinda curious about the villains, especially since it looked like I saw Mysterio in there at one point.

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-far-from-home-trailer-villains/

The speculation about Mysterio's role in all this seems kinda predictable. Just happy to see Mysterio in a movie.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
Zeus posted...
Was kinda curious about the villains, especially since it looked like I saw Mysterio in there at one point.

The speculation about Mysterio's role in all this seems kinda predictable. Just happy to see Mysterio in a movie.

Yeah, Mysterio pretty much makes it blatantly obvious that the stuff they're fighting is going to be an illusion.

I'm assuming the plot is going to be that Mysterio pretends to be a hero who fights off these giant monsters, and then we eventually learn that it was all a lie and Spider-Man has to try and fight Mysterio while dodging and ignoring the illusions.

It's the kind of story that will probably fool casual audiences, but for comic fans or people who know who Mysterio is, you kind of know what the story is going to be from the moment you hear he's involved.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#278
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Zeus posted...

Yeah, Mysterio pretty much makes it blatantly obvious that the stuff they're fighting is going to be an illusion.

I'm assuming the plot is going to be that Mysterio pretends to be a hero who fights off these giant monsters, and then we eventually learn that it was all a lie and Spider-Man has to try and fight Mysterio while dodging and ignoring the illusions.

It's the kind of story that will probably fool casual audiences, but for comic fans or people who know who Mysterio is, you kind of know what the story is going to be from the moment you hear he's involved.

In a case like that it becomes a question of execution, if anything. It's often the same question when events or twists are spoiled, like an iconic antagonist being the main hero's father being a renowned spoiler and now overused trope, so then you find yourself asking if you are still pleased by how the story or ride gets there. Does it immerse you enough to where you aren't quite actively thinking about the obvious turn,and are you enjoying it?

Heck, that's my question with Tales games in general since they're trope heavy (yes to most), and it was my question with Dragon Quest XI for the same reason (less enjoyment for me here).
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#279
I just wish they weren't playing so fast and loose with Peter's Spidey senses. In infinity War, the hairs on his arm are standing on end as soon as the alien ship drops out of orbit over Manhattan, but then in this trailer he's completely oblivious to the fact that Nick Fury is in his hotel room tranquilizing his buddy until it's too late, and that doesn't bode well for his seeing thru Mysterio's shenanigans.

Even in Homecoming and Civil War it seemed like his Spidey Senses flicked on and off at random depending on what the scene required.

Unless they nail down that it's a still-developing power or something it's going to seem sloppy.
Entity13 posted...
In a case like that it becomes a question of execution, if anything. It's often the same question when events or twists are spoiled, like an iconic antagonist being the main hero's father being a renowned spoiler and now overused trope, so then you find yourself asking if you are still pleased by how the story or ride gets there. Does it immerse you enough to where you aren't quite actively thinking about the obvious turn,and are you enjoying it?

Oh, I agree. And Marvel's been good enough about the execution that I'm not worried about them handling it well in this.

If anything, being a comic nerd means the Marvel movies have always had a hard time surprising me. I knew Stane was going to be the bad guy in Iron Man the moment I knew his name. Same with Aldrich Killian. I knew Loki was going to be a s***. I knew Bucky was going to die (except not). I knew Ego was evil, I knew Crossbones was evil, I knew Mordo was going to turn... etc etc. But I've still enjoyed the movies in spite of that.

The only thing I can really think of where they legitimately surprised me was with the Mandarin.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family