You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#261
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Entity13 posted...
deep down, even humans hate humans

I'd argue that's not very deep down!

I meant in a general sense. Individually speaking is a different case.

On an amusing, somewhat related note, I have found that the individuals in MMOs who hate humanity the most are healers.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
Entity13 posted...
I have found that the individuals in MMOs who hate humanity the most are healers.

And suddenly my reflexive choice of the healer class in any multiplayer RPG suddenly makes more sense!

I'm not even joking. I basically went into Elder Scrolls Online saying "Which class is the healer?", and on the rare occasions I've played a D&D-style tabletop game I almost always default to Cleric unless there's already a dedicated healer in the group. I have a jones for healing magic, even in single-player games.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
1 month ago#263
I have found that the individuals in MMOs who hate humanity the most are healers.

"You have been removed from the group because they were too dumb to get out of the fire"
Korruptor posted...

"You have been removed from the group because they were too dumb to get out of the fire"

So what you're saying is, it's not that misanthropes choose healers, as much as being the healer eventually drives even the most altruistic and loving of people into frothing madness and hatred.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
1 month ago#265
Korruptor posted...

So what you're saying is, it's not that misanthropes choose healers, as much as being the healer eventually drives even the most altruistic and loving of people into frothing madness and hatred.

Some column A, some column B.

Earlier this evening someone in my guild in FFXIV asked why a Dark Knight would learn anything from a Conjuror (baby healer class), and I responded that if anyone can teach you about embracing the darkness it's a healer. Almost every other healer in the guild replied, "You're not wrong."
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
1 month ago#266
I enjoy playing a healer in a lot of games because it just means everyone wants my help.
ImmortalityV, "I would like to kiss Icoyar to be honest in a non gay way though"

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
1 month ago#267
"AEW" All Elite Wrestling

It's a new promotion headed up by "Gravel" Cody Rhodes, his wife Brandi, and financially backed by Shand Khan, of the Jacksonville Jaquars fame.

From the article *which I will link* and the YouTube videos the promotion wants to compete directly with The E. A big thing that will help attract talent is equal pay scale for men and women, and mid card and main event performers.

Getting a decent televauom contract is a first start, and the second is making side the booking stays fresh and consistent. I hope that this is a viable competition for the WWE, as competition is going to Male both brands better.

https://deadspin.com/cody-rhodes-the-khans-and-chris-jericho-made-their-ne-1831632935
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
1 month ago#268
Korruptor posted...

Yeah, I used to play as healer until I got sick of dealing with people who blame their mistakes on others because they think they're hot ****.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
1 month ago#269
The Wave Master posted...
"AEW" All Elite Wrestling

It's a new promotion headed up by "Gravel" Cody Rhodes, his wife Brandi, and financially backed by Shand Khan, of the Jacksonville Jaquars fame.

From the article *which I will link* and the YouTube videos the promotion wants to compete directly with The E. A big thing that will help attract talent is equal pay scale for men and women, and mid card and main event performers.

Getting a decent televauom contract is a first start, and the second is making side the booking stays fresh and consistent. I hope that this is a viable competition for the WWE, as competition is going to Male both brands better.

https://deadspin.com/cody-rhodes-the-khans-and-chris-jericho-made-their-ne-1831632935

People were talking about it in other places. Didn't realize it was being run by Rhodes (and can he even use that name right now?). While Rhodes is a talent and legacy, I don't expect much from the promotion.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
1 month ago#270
Korruptor posted...
Yeah, I used to play as healer until I got sick of dealing with people who blame their mistakes on others because they think they're hot ****.

To be fair, even the best of healers I've dealt with in my MMO days tended to be the first to blame the DDs and tanks for not protecting them when they died despite begging for heals so that they could actually do so.

The same healers would also blame the Archer they let die for not being able to buff their move speed.

As a glass canon archer I learned very early on not to actually depend on healers for much of anything since upwards of 90% of them were insufferable pricks with massive chips on their shoulders.

No offense Korr. 😅
http://i.imgur.com/4fmtLFt.gif
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.
(edited 1 month ago)