You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
2 months ago#1
You know the rules. Post anything Geek related whether that be movies, television, comic book, video games, board games, etc. If it's Geek, we want to hear about it in this topic.

Per tradition we have an opening question to keep the topic going, and that question is:

If the Apocalypse happened, Zombie, Nuclear Winter, World Endind Disease, what part of the world would you set up your civilization in, in this newly broken world?

Bonus Question: What kind of society would you establish? Dictatorship, Democracy, Evil Council, Free For All?

Finally, what are your actual chances of survival based on your health, I intelligence, and overall mental and physical condition?

Wrap up from: Mobile Suit Geekdam in the following post. (Happy Holodays and Excelsior.)
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
2 months ago#2
And here we are. Let's get started.

If I survived (and, based upon my health, I wouldn't; I'd be one of the first ones dead), I'd set up a dictatorship based on natural resources down in (resource-rich) Australia.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
2 months ago#3
I would train the mutants/zombies to do my bidding
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
2 months ago#4
Still haven't pulled the trigger on a new game system.

The Wave Master posted...
If the Apocalypse happened, Zombie, Nuclear Winter, World Endind Disease, what part of the world would you set up your civilization in, in this newly broken world?

Probably still America, for basic convenience. Honestly would also depend on what state the world is in.

Bonus Question: What kind of society would you establish? Dictatorship, Democracy, Evil Council, Free For All?

Depends on the disaster. If it was a zombie or other infestation, a dictatorship or similar concentrated authority would make the most sense because you'd need to make fast, unilateral decisions.

Also democracy and evil council are somewhat redundant >_>

Finally, what are your actual chances of survival based on your health, I intelligence, and overall mental and physical condition?

Again, depends on the disaster and the state of the world. If it's a Last Man on Earth kind of situation, I'd probably be perfectly fine. Zombies would depend on how quickly I find survivors, how those survivors operate, and how quickly I could fortify an area then convert portions for sustainable farmland or something similar.

Also rebuilding a society is a lot harder than just bunkering down in an area, which *shouldn't* be terribly hard (at least for a while). And, of course, one big issue is if I got sick, I wouldn't have the medical knowledge to heal myself.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 2 months ago)

Zeus
2 months ago#5
Oh, guess I dragged my feet for too long on that ps4 deal. It seems to be gone from everywhere.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Zeus
2 months ago#6
Eh crap, I chose poorly. Yesterday I ordered Pokemon Ultra Sun from BBuy. Today I figure I'd also get Ultra Moon.... but that's sold out and they still have copies of Ultra Sun.
(\/)(\/)|-|

The Wave Master
2 months ago#7
I'm eyeing some black Friday deals, and the boss has given me the okay to spend a little money. I'm looking at picking up The Shadow of the Colossus HD remake and Dragon Quest 11. I have not looked at all the seals, but those are the 2 best bangs for my limited bucks.

Thanksgiving dinner turned out quite well. The 3 day salt water and spice brine I put on my whole chicken made the best chicken that I have eve had. (That wasn't buttermilk fried by my southern black mama.) Plus The Cowboys and Saints won so it was a pretty great day overall.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
2 months ago#8
I'd form a diminishing monarchy in which, during the time of my rule, I would implement a well-informed democratic system that would take effect once I'm through. I would make it mandatory for a license to vote, based on the passing of a simple test, one to reflect the person's ability to think critically, refuse bribery, and treat other people more affably than not.

I do not imagine the resulting society to be perfect, or to last forever, but I imagine it will be impactful throughout history, and necessary to the survival of mankind.

However, do not get me started on my contingency. I think, if it came to that, PO would rise from his robo graveyard to tell me to calm down a bit.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
2 months ago#9
Obviously the best place to survive an apocalypse is on some island and it will be a theocracy where everybody will be forced to worship the Michelin Man. The sacred text will be some coloring book with squiggly lines written in it. There will be a democracy of some sorts where people vote for the person to be the human sacrifice to the Michelin Man where he/she will "ascend" by being necklaced with a "sacred" tire. Why the Michelin Man? Because there is bound to be some mother****er to do the same with some random car part he/she found in the ruins, might as well beat him by getting the most relatable mascot there is.

The Wave Master
2 months ago#10
My mom and dad have been divorced since I was 10. He loved to smoke crack, she loved to drink alcohol, so their individual bad habits didn't line up. My mom eventually quit drinking, and my dad put down the crack pipe for good as well, and they went on with their lives.

My point is that I love my parents, as imperfect as they are, but I cannot have a 45 minute phone conversation with any one of them. My wife has been on the phone since we finished warming g up Thanksgiving leftovers, with her mom, and they do not seem to be talking about anything in particular. I have now finished watching a whole 2 quarters of this college football game.

How long can any of you speak with your parents on the phone before going insane?