Man arrested for faking Down Syndrome and tricking caretakers into bathing him

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Man arrested for faking Down Syndrome and tricking caretakers into bathing him

User Info: Far-Queue

Far-Queue
6 days ago#1
https://www.newsweek.com/man-arrested-faking-down-syndrome-and-hiring-caretakers-bathe-him-change-his-1121462

A man has been arrested on suspicion of pretending to have Down syndrome so he could hire caretakers to bathe him and change his diapers.

Paul Anthony Menchaca has been charged with fraudulent schemes and sexual abuse after he was arrested at his parent’s home in Gilbert, Arizona, on September 6.

Police say Menchaca posed as his mother, “Amy” to hire workers from sites and apps such as Carelinx and care.com, reports ABC 15. Among some of the requirements “Amy” told the careers were told to carry out included washing and changing him.

One care worker told police she assisted Menchaca with around 30 diaper changes or baths during the summer.

"He needed shower and grooming, he couldn't use the bathroom himself, he couldn't really be alone by himself,” one care worker told ABC 15.

“He acted like a child; his whole demeanor was childlike. He would act in tantrums, talk like a child, act like a child," one caregiver said. "Why would you do that? Why would you make us change you knowing you didn't have to?"

According to court documents seen by AZ Family, the same care worker recalled at least five separate occasions where Menchaca “aggressively said his genitals were not cleaned enough.”

Elsewhere, “Amy” told all three care workers hired by Menchaca to “punish” him when he soiled his diaper by putting him in timeout and taking away his privileges, according to the probable cause statement for the arrest.

All three of the care workers connected to the investigation only communicated with “Amy” by text message and were paid by Menchaca in cash when they picked him up and dropped him off at different locations, none of which were his actually home, according to the probable cause statement.

Menchaca alleged scheme was found out after one of the workers followed him home after dropping him off at another location he had given her. She then met his real mother and father and found out he does not have Down syndrome.

All three workers then confronted Menchaca, who later admitted he had been lying the entire time.

Following his arrest, the Chandler Unified School District confirmed that Menchaca used to be employed by them but resigned on August 31. The district also clarified he did not work with children unsupervised.

“His arrest was not related to his work with children at Bogle Junior High or any other CUSD school,” Bogle Junior High principal Nathan Fairchild said in a letter to parents, reports AZ Family.

“He resigned the week previous and is no longer employed by the school district. Though his arrest did not involve any of our students, we had previously notified the parents of the classroom where he had worked as an aide and wanted you to be aware as well.”
https://i.imgur.com/ZwO4qO2.gifv
Bluer than velvet was the night... Softer than satin was the light... From the stars...

User Info: Zangulus

Zangulus
6 days ago#2
https://i.imgtc.com/w3zBAxK.gif
Crazy Cat Lady Man
Bug Doughnut Penelope Lily Fudge Zinnia Tillamook Cotton Duchess Mallory Von Fluffenbottom Lupine Lovesong Lavender Harmony Dandelion Potato

User Info: -Komaiko54-

-Komaiko54-
6 days ago#3
wtf?
"This clearly played out better within the confines of your mind" USNA 2023 Hopeful
https://imgur.com/SccBtrL https://imgur.com/INGiUQZ

User Info: SunWuKung420

SunWuKung420
6 days ago#4
Was this guy a potder?
"I'm probably one of the few here who would actually make it a real fight" - Ohhhja 8/14/18
PSN - SunWuKung420

User Info: Royal_Mudcrap

Royal_Mudcrap
6 days ago#5
I don't see the problem, he didn't pay them or something?
n

Zangulus
6 days ago#6
Royal_Mudcrap posted...

You don’t see a problem with having them repeatedly scrub his genitalia in an obvious fetish related way through subterfuge? It’s sexual assault...
Crazy Cat Lady Man
Bug Doughnut Penelope Lily Fudge Zinnia Tillamook Cotton Duchess Mallory Von Fluffenbottom Lupine Lovesong Lavender Harmony Dandelion Potato

User Info: Kyuubi4269

Kyuubi4269
6 days ago#7
Zangulus posted...
Royal_Mudcrap posted...

You don’t see a problem with having them repeatedly scrub his genitalia in an obvious fetish related way through subterfuge? It’s sexual assault...

They did the act willingly.

You can bang chicks by claiming to be a billionaire, so why not have your balls washed on false pretenses too.
Scloud posted...
Its like he wants two things at the same time.

User Info: Royal_Mudcrap

Royal_Mudcrap
6 days ago#8
Zangulus posted...
Royal_Mudcrap posted...

I mean, I guess?

Their job is to bathe patients, he was a patient and paid for the service.

So, like, if you have a problem washing genitalia, don't work on a job which requires to wash genitalia?

He may have been pretending to be sick, but he did pay for the service, did he not. Do they have a clause in which they specifically say you can't fake an illness to receive service? If not, i don't see a problem.
n

Zangulus
6 days ago#9
Kyuubi4269 posted...
Zangulus posted...
Royal_Mudcrap posted...

You can bang chicks by claiming to be a billionaire, so why not have your balls washed on false pretenses too.

No. No they did not engage in a sex act with this man willingly. In no way can you justify him specifically receiving sexual pleasure without their knowledge or concent as being willingly.

Your analogy is terrible.

What did those chicks know they were doing? Having sex

What did these women think they were doing? Taking care of a disabled man in a Completely non sexual way

Just.

This is sad you’re even beginning to attempt to justify this.
Crazy Cat Lady Man

User Info: SunWuKung420

SunWuKung420
6 days ago#10
Kyuubi4269 posted...

Under the pretense that the man was mentally handicapped and not some creeper trying to get off.

I'm not surprised you think what he did is ok.
"I'm probably one of the few here who would actually make it a real fight" - Ohhhja 8/14/18
PSN - SunWuKung420
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Man arrested for faking Down Syndrome and tricking caretakers into bathing him

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.