Mobile Suit Geekdam: Geek vs Zeta Geek

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Mobile Suit Geekdam: Geek vs Zeta Geek

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#221
This game was announced in 2016, which likely means it had already been in development at least 6 months. I wouldn't expect to see a sequel until 2021 or so. It's possible that it'll be released in that awkward between-gens time frame where many major games are cross-generation.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#222
Zeus posted...
Some titles seem borderline unplayable since the graphics make it difficult to register what's happening (although part of that might be an issue with the ps3's emulation of ps1 games)

There is truth in this, I think. I have no issues with my PS1 games because I still have a pretty good CRT on which to play them, but I have tried playing them on one of the HDTVs, and they look awful. Early polygons do not age well.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#223
The Wave Master posted...
Spider-Man has sold over 3.3 million copies thus far. I'm sure Sony and Insomniac are going to make a second game. I still do not have the game, but my brother, Oreon, told me it sets up for a second game very nicely.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/09/20/marvels-spider-man-is-the-fastest-selling-playstation-exclusive-of-all-time

Which will be kinda nice given that DC and Rocksteady had tremendous success with the Arkham games. Having a bit of parity is always cool.

The same is kinda true of Marvel's success with fighting games where DC didn't really have much to counter it for a long time.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
Metalsonic66 posted...
This game was announced in 2016, which likely means it had already been in development at least 6 months. I wouldn't expect to see a sequel until 2021 or so. It's possible that it'll be released in that awkward between-gens time frame where many major games are cross-generation.

Sequels can arguably be made faster, because presumably they'll reuse the same engine and a lot of pre-existing assets.

Granted, rushed development CAN result in a lower quality game, so it isn't necessarily preferable, but it's possible.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family

Zeus
4 weeks ago#225
Regardless, a sequel seems almost guaranteed. Meanwhile I've lost hope that we'll ever see a Kid Icarus Uprising follow-up =(
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#226
You mean that 3DS Kid Icarus game that had you almost beaming your hand with a horrible control scheme? You mean that Kid Icarus game?
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#227
The Wave Master posted...
You mean that 3DS Kid Icarus game that had you almost beaming your hand with a horrible control scheme? You mean that Kid Icarus game?

You and your exaggerations.... While the control scheme took a little while to learn, it's actually pretty damn great. And the thing that people disliked the most -- the stylus use -- wouldn't have been necessary if the 3DS had a second analog (meaning that a sequel for the New 3DS would resolve that). It was a great game with an absurd amount of replayability and multiple pvp modes.

All in all, I put almost 700 hours into the game.
(\/)(\/)|-|
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#228
I'm glad you like the game because no one else did, or Nintendo would be pumping out sequels like The Mario party games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45683/kid-icarus-uprising/

Lifetime des are at 1.25 million.

That is actually not a bad total for a mediocre to bad game. I think fond memories of the original game as a kid fueled those sales. However, lppthe truth is the original game wasn't good either. People just think it was good because gamers had limited choices back in the 8 bit era. It was either this or Mario, and we all finished Mario a million times by then, so this was new, but it wasn't great, and neither was the sequel.
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#229
I enjoyed the original Kid Icarus (because of its difficulty and multiple endings ... and Palutena, not going to lie), and I also enjoy Uprising, though I feel that game tried to do too many different things at the same time. Ambitious, but not for everybody.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: Metalsonic66

Metalsonic66
4 weeks ago#230
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Sequels can arguably be made faster, because presumably they'll reuse the same engine and a lot of pre-existing assets.

Granted, rushed development CAN result in a lower quality game, so it isn't necessarily preferable, but it's possible.

True.
PSN/Steam ID: Metalsonic_69
Big bombs go kabang.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Mobile Suit Geekdam: Geek vs Zeta Geek

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.