Two BLACK men were ARRested for Loitering and CRIED racism

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Two BLACK men were ARRested for Loitering and CRIED racism
Do you believe any arrest of a black person is because of racism?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/15/officers-in-starbucks-incident-did-absolutely-nothing-wrong-philadelphia-police-chief-says.html

Two black men were asked to leave a starbucks because they were loitering, not purchasing anything, and then asked to use the bathroom. Not understanding that businesses have an absolute right to ask you to leave for ANY reason, they refused and the police were called. When the police also asked them to leave, they again refused and were promptly arresting.

Black philly chief of police has also stated that the officers did nothing wrong, yet people are still crying racism and protesting the establishment.

As if he had any insight on either the situation or society, bigmouthed, little man Kevin Hart also voiced his contempt for the turn of events.

Pitiful Starbucks, now pathetically floundering for damage control, has also fired the manger (even though most likely they were just following company policy.)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Ik55J7RKO_d9U_9RIrYUQ
Ah, just what we needed. News reporting with a serious right leaning.

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
5 days ago#3
Starbucks lets people loiter on their establishment as a business (although people usually at least buy a single coffee, of which is expensive because it's Starbucks).

That said, Starbucks is still a private business and has the right to kick people off their property for any reason.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

User Info: Fam_Fam

Fam_Fam
5 days ago#4
well if they were asked to leave and they didn't, fair, next.

that said, i dont think they necessarily should have asked them to leave just for being there and not buying anything (which people do all the time)

User Info: Cruddy_horse

Cruddy_horse
5 days ago#5
Fam_Fam posted...

that said, i dont think they necessarily should have asked them to leave just for being there and not buying anything (which people do all the time)

I believe the problem was Starbucks doesn't let you use the restroom without paying for something, which they did not do.
equo ne credite!
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Smarkil

Smarkil
5 days ago#6
Who cares. I hope they protest Starbucks. It's garbage.
"Most of the time, I have a whole lot more sperm inside me" - Adjl

User Info: Mead

Mead
5 days ago#7
Hard to say whether asking them to leave was racially motivated. I feel like anyone that went to a coffee shop without ordering anything would be asked to leave, but maybe staff only took notice of these guys because they were a couple of black dudes at Starbucks, which is candidly much less common compared to other racial demographics for the business.

Once they refused to leave they were in the wrong though. Had they been denied service, told they couldn’t buy drinks, that would be a clear case of discrimination. Since they weren’t customers the employees had every right to ask them to leave.
If they drag you through the mud, it doesnt change whats in your blood

User Info: RCtheWSBC

RCtheWSBC
5 days ago#8
Shouldn't have called the cops. Shouldn't have been handcuffed to leave. Starbucks encourages loitering as a business model. All the other guests said the men did nothing wrong--they sat waiting for a friend (who showed up as they were being arrested).

So yeah f*** those employees.
http://i.imgur.com/1yl1fH0.jpg
the White-Sounding Black Chick
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
5 days ago#9
Cruddy_horse posted...
Fam_Fam posted...

I believe the problem was Starbucks doesn't let you use the restroom without paying for something, which they did not do.

The problem was that they were two architects who were waiting for a meeting to start in the Starbucks.
They weren't causing trouble or distracting anyone, they weren't doing anything that would be considered "bad" and they were arrested for just... waiting.

So if this were the precedent for this:
There are no public restrooms in a city.
The only way to use a restroom is to purchase things.
You don't think that this could be go badly?
ImmortalityV, "I would like to kiss Icoyar to be honest in a non gay way though"

User Info: Lokarin

Lokarin
5 days ago#10
Fired the manager for making money, derp
"Salt cures Everything!"
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nirakolov/videos
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. Two BLACK men were ARRested for Loitering and CRIED racism

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.