A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 weeks ago#341
ParanoidObsessive posted...
Ultimate Deletion tonight. Will people be watching live, or catching it later on the Interwebs? Or not at all?

I already missed it (I think?) and, in general, I forgot it was going to be a thing. Thanks for the heads-up, will probably catch on Hulu. My expectations are pretty low because WWE doesn't give the kind of freedom that TNA did when it comes to those gimmicks.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#342
This is why I hate Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/515521488590787366/

It's a goddamn f***ing rabbit hole. Countless really neat recommendations, all of which just take a few seconds to look at and lead to countless more recommendations. Dragons, fantasy landscapes, monsters, art tutorials... blargh. I've barely ever considered drawing and it makes me want to pick up a pencil.

Oh, and literally none of it is why I went on Pinterest in the first place. It's like YT in that regard.
(\/)(\/)|-|
There are precious few at ease / With moral ambiguities / So we act as though they don't exist.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 weeks ago#343
Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle again.

I'm excited for this because of the fantasy booking in my head.

Hopefully this has a happy ending for all of us, his family, him, and us.
We are who we choose to be.

Zeus
4 weeks ago#344
The Wave Master posted...
Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle again.

I'm excited for this because of the fantasy booking in my head.

Hopefully this has a happy ending for all of us, his family, him, and us.

Meh, was never a big fan because I wasn't there at the beginning of the hype, I've never liked his look, he can't cut a great promo, etc. The one thing I did like was that he could deliver a pretty great-looking running dropkick and he could be pretty high-energy at times.
(\/)(\/)|-|
Zeus posted...
Meh, was never a big fan because I wasn't there at the beginning of the hype, I've never liked his look, he can't cut a great promo, etc.

This for me, more or less. It also doesn't help that I've never really been a work-rate mark as much as I was always a child of the WWF so I tend to get more out of the cartoonish/soap opera aspects of the narrative than I do the actual wrestling.

Of course, the narrative has been s*** for years now, so I don't get all that much out of that these days, either.

"Wall of Text'D!" --- oldskoolplayr76
"POwned again." --- blight family
The thread is slowing down again. And with SoBe MIA we can't generate a huge spike in activity just by rehashing the whole Empire vs Jedi debate or bringing up how FFVIII sucks for the umpteenth time.

And I can't think of any other odd RPG-related musings to lure Shadow out of hiding in an indignant rage, either.

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#347
FFXII is a terrible, terrible game, aside from Balthier (and most Vierra, not Fran).
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg
I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Though that brings me back to my age-old eternal debate - is FFXII the worse game because it was so soul-numbingly boring that it became the first FF game I couldn't actually bring myself to finish (and which essentially guaranteed I would never buy another FF game again after 16 years of considering it my favorite franchise ever), or was FFVIII the worst game because of how it not only made me loathe the main character so much I wished I could somehow reach into the TV and repeatedly punch him in the face, but also spurred the occasional daydream about flying to Japan to beat the holy hell out of every single game developer and designer involved with creating it?

Which is the worse reaction, apathy or raw seething hatred?

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 weeks ago#349
Apathy, because it is after the hatred and comes only when s*** hasn't been fixed to prevent it.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

Zeus
4 weeks ago#350
The thread is slowing down again.

Kinda noticed.

SoBe

Not sure what's that's short for?
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.