A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

User Info: The Wave Master

The Wave Master
4 months ago#1
"When Wave was a little kid his father, being feed up with the religious and commercial aspects of Christmas, created his own holiday. And Geektivus was born."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y

Instead of an "Aluminum Pole" we will post our favorite holiday videos as a demonstration of our beliefs.

Instead of the "Feats of Strength" we will post our accomplishment this year.

Finally, for the "Airing of the grievances" we will complain about what we do not like about anything Geek related. Whether that be the people itself, games, (DLC and Loot Boxes) music, movies, comics, etc.

Thank you all for the continued support and keep posting.

Wrap up from, "All Geeks Eve" in the upcoming post!
We are who we choose to be.

User Info: shadowsword87

shadowsword87
4 months ago#2
Post'n for my AMP.

User Info: Korruptor

Korruptor
4 months ago#3
I didn't know this until now but yeah Disney just bought a majority of Fox. I guess we will see a reboot of X-Men and Fantastic Four soon.

User Info: Zeus

Zeus
4 months ago#4
Lame! Was hoping for a cooler title. At least the subject tie-in is nice.

The Wave Master posted...
Instead of an "Aluminum Pole" we will post our favorite holiday videos as a demonstration of our beliefs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKrsAFWPnl4

Instead of the "Feats of Strength" we will post our accomplishment this year.

Accomplishment or accomplishments? Either way, it's been a slow-ish year. I've done a lot of trivial things, but I haven't bothered learning a new language, mastering a new skill, finally putting together my own website, writing a book, or managed to switch jobs.

Finally, for the "Airing of the grievances" we will complain about what we do not like about anything Geek related. Whether that be the people itself, games, (DLC and Loot Boxes) music, movies, comics, etc.

Well, the 3DS looks like it's going to wind down which is annoying. I seriously hope that it gets a proper handheld replacement rather than Nintendo expecting that the Switch will take its place because that's not really a handheld.

Plus, when Fox's X-Men stuff was finally getting good, the franchise looks like it might go back to Disney which likely means reboots and changes. While comic-accurate costumes, etc, will be nice, Fox *finally* got things going. Of course, it's not all bad since the Fanastic Four might be done well on film for a change. I didn't like the portrayal of Doom in the first film, the second was kinda goofy, and I still haven't bothered with the s***ty-looking reboot.

Oh, plus we have to keep waiting on Daredevil because Netflix is focused on other nonsense. And I recently finished From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series and was let down by the ending although, in fairness, most of season 3 was a crapshoot and only season 1 was incredible.

shadowsword87 posted...
Post'n for my AMP.

When the old topic purges, I'm going to lose like 100 AMP >_>
(\/)(\/)|-|
In Zeus We Trust: All Others Pay Cash
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Entity13

Entity13
4 months ago#5
Zeus posted...

I'm unsure how much I'll lose because I stopped looking or caring about that ages ago. *shrugs*

Anywho, I'll post stuff later on regarding this topic. =)
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb179/EntityXIII/entityfn7.jpg

Zeus
4 months ago#6
Finally started Habitica to prompt me to take care of s*** that I've had on the backburner forever, including getting more organized. That includes things like going through my queue of bookmarks and, to a lesser extent, finally watching stuff on my NFI queue. (Hey, gotta watch that NFI before the net neutrality changes means that Comcast blocks NFI forever, right? =p)

I've also got a massive collection of books I need to sort into a proper library; ditto for films now (kinda went crazy when I found stuff for cheap) and games (which is less of an issue because I don't often buy games now anyway).

My big timewaster these days is often just random internet s***, which includes following link after link or vid after vid.

Entity13 posted...
Zeus posted...

I'm unsure how much I'll lose because I stopped looking or caring about that ages ago. *shrugs*

Anywho, I'll post stuff later on regarding this topic. =)

I look from time to time, partly because people point it out to me. Trolls will make a big deal of high AMP like it's an actual metric for high activity when, in fact, it's really not unless you're solely posting on threads which purge in a week.
(\/)(\/)|-|

User Info: WhiskeyDisk

WhiskeyDisk
4 months ago#7
Oh hey, finally got one named!

😎
http://i.imgur.com/4fmtLFt.gif
http://s1.zetaboards.com/sba/ ~there's always free cheese in a mousetrap.

User Info: knivesX2004

knivesX2004
4 months ago#8
Tagging to lurk.

User Info: Raganork

Raganork
4 months ago#9
Let's see, what have I been up too...

Finally got a taste of the new Hearthstone expansion yesterday and today. The legendary weapons are by far the worst implementation of new types of legendaries I've seen thus far. Quests and Death Knights felt like they had better designs. Overall, dungeon run is fun but it needs more incentives, and constructed still sucks.

Xenoblade 2 is amazing, as stated previously. Just gotta reiterate that again for the record books.

Grand Tour is back! Great, of course. Watching that with my dad every Friday.

I've been very lazy this Christmas season. Barely put up decorations, and haven't really been in a holiday mood. Made Christmas cookies today, and they were mediocre, so that plan didn't help. Kinda just want this season to be over with, honestly. The weather bites, moving offices at work and it's been a b****, and because my cousins are flying out of the country in a week, Christmas day will be pretty uneventful.

And the book I've been working on this year is officially s***-canned. To the dumpster with it. Starting fresh with a new idea next year. I want to write a book from the perspective of the antagonist, since I love writing villains so much.

That's about it from me. So, what were the best/worst games/films of the year for y'all?

Zeus
4 months ago#10
Raganork posted...
I've been very lazy this Christmas season. Barely put up decorations, and haven't really been in a holiday mood. Made Christmas cookies today, and they were mediocre, so that plan didn't help. Kinda just want this season to be over with, honestly. The weather bites, moving offices at work and it's been a b****, and because my cousins are flying out of the country in a week, Christmas day will be pretty uneventful.

Kinda was me with Halloween this year. Finally put out some decorations on the last day. Barely got any trick or treaters, though, so the decorations didn't go to much good. I then left them out for a few extra weeks to make it worthwhile.

Raganork posted...
And the book I've been working on this year is officially s***-canned. To the dumpster with it. Starting fresh with a new idea next year. I want to write a book from the perspective of the antagonist, since I love writing villains so much.

Sympathetic or unsympathetic?
(\/)(\/)|-|
  1. Boards
  2. Poll of the Day
  3. A Geektivus For The Rest Of Us

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.