• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
frozensaria 1 year ago#1
So I noticed in the first Vah Medoh mission that the Thyphlo Ruins aren’t covered in that mysterious darkness.https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/4/6/3/AAatCtAABUV3.jpg

I was thinking maybe the developement team was being lazy and just forgot to add the darknesses... but wouldn’t have actually been easier to just leave the ruins covered in darkness?

We don’t get to see the ruins without the darkness in Botw, except for in some mod. Was this done on purpose? Did the darkness not exist prior to the Calamity?

Was it Calamity Ganon’s revival that created the darkness? That can’t be where Ganondorf’s body is in botw 2...is it?

Maybe I’m looking way too much into this. Lol. Thoughts?
I am always there, but you can't see me. A leaf in the wind. The forest is calling. Sometimes you will hear my melody...but only if you are one with the Kokiri.
FieraDevilWings 1 year ago#2
frozensaria posted...
I was thinking maybe the developement team was being lazy and just forgot to add the darknesses... but wouldn’t have actually been easier to just leave the ruins covered in darkness?
Probably using the assets directly from the source, and they probably wanted to preserve those familiar locations even if the only time you get to see them is through things like this, so it's easier to leave it as-is because otherwise the game would have to render the darkness instead - and this game already chugs enough with its VFX as is, so I think that might have been worse for the framerate overall. But that's just me...
Eat, sleep, dance.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6751-5440-1722
frozensaria 1 year ago#3
FieraDevilWings posted...
Probably using the assets directly from the source, and they probably wanted to preserve those familiar locations even if the only time you get to see them is through things like this, so it's easier to leave it as-is because otherwise the game would have to render the darkness instead - and this game already chugs enough with its VFX as is, so I think that might have been worse for the framerate overall. But that's just me...

I mean that could have easily been the case. Tbh I think it might. But it still seems odd to me. Maybe my botw-crazed brain has me looking into every little detail I can find haha

I am always there, but you can't see me. A leaf in the wind. The forest is calling. Sometimes you will hear my melody...but only if you are one with the Kokiri.
DiogenesKC 1 year ago#4
i'm sure it doesn't mean anything. probably just didn't want to bother with implementing the darkness effect for something most people wouldn't notice.
Welcome to the world of idiots.
FieraDevilWings 1 year ago#5
inb4 someone like myself comes in and claims the lack of darkness/fog is a result of the new timeline split
Eat, sleep, dance.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-6751-5440-1722
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A