• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  3. Robbie & Purah taken out, so they can be sold back as paid DLCs.

User Info: KungFu Rider

KungFu Rider
2 days ago#1
I'm absolutely positive that Robbie and Purah are both playable characters in this game, but are taken out post-production so Nintendo can sell them back to us as paid DLCs.
CYBORGS ARE SO CONTENT, I WISH I CAN BE ONE...

User Info: Akg0001

Akg0001
2 days ago#2
You dont have to feel smart if it happens because its obvious as f*** lol
I love video games.

KungFu Rider
2 days ago#3
While it's obvious that Nintendo would take out characters post-production in order to sell them back as DLCs, I'm more outraged by any CHOICE of characters they included over Purah and Robbie, both whom are key characters to the events of Age of Calamity.

The Great Fairies, Hestu, and even Maz Koshia should have been the ones taken out instead of Robbie and Purah.

User Info: QueenCia

QueenCia
2 days ago#4
Yeah it's very likely. Both of them have portraits as well as in battle models lmao. The villains not being playable is worse though, as both of them already have movesets.
Sigh
KungFu Rider posted...
While it's obvious that Nintendo would take out characters post-production in order to sell them back as DLCs

This is KT's bread and butter, so I'm sure it's a guarantee.

User Info: SB_

SB_
2 days ago#6
Is there any actual data for it like in Fire Emblem Warriors, where they found movesets and such for characters that were already a part of the story and later added in? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Toei did this in one of the Nintendo collaborations, so I'm curious if they're as sloppy as last time on hiding it, just like how there was data for Tingle in the original HW well before his DLC released.
"Does it move and drop loot? Let me at 'em!"
Long time GS Monster Hunter - Over 700 hours clocked in on this weapon

KungFu Rider
2 days ago#7
@ MercenaryLagoon - I think it's more of a Nintendo thing rather than Koei-Tecmo to remove contents post-production and then selling them back. I believe Koei-Tecmo only really started doing that with Dynasty Warriors 9. Prior to that, any additional characters that were sold as paid DLCs were actually extras that truly did not exist during the original release.

User Info: QueenCia

QueenCia
2 days ago#8
KungFu Rider posted...
@ MercenaryLagoon - I think it's more of a Nintendo thing rather than Koei-Tecmo to remove contents post-production and then selling them back. I believe Koei-Tecmo only really started doing that with Dynasty Warriors 9. Prior to that, any additional characters that were sold as paid DLCs were actually extras that truly did not exist during the original release.

Koei have been doing it for a really long time. They used to have unique NPC's in their games and then add them into the expansion packs. They stopped doing that for a little while, then moved onto the dlc NPCs lol.
Sigh
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Reuan

Reuan
2 days ago#9
QueenCia posted...
Koei have been doing it for a really long time. They used to have unique NPC's in their games and then add them into the expansion packs. They stopped doing that for a little while, then moved onto the dlc NPCs lol.
Technically, SW only really did this, back then when Dynasty Warriors had real unique npcs like Cao Mao he’d never be playable, Infact they went out of their way to remove him from the empires entires twice.
Characters like Huche’er(the guy with the bandit mask) and I think a few others got to be playable like this, meanwhile for some reason 7 and 8 really did not want you playing as characters like Cao Mao and Sima Yan(you can find them in XL and conquest mode of 7, they had unique models and unique lines iirc), meanwhile DW other uniques weren’t as elaborate, they did that funny thing in DW6 where Zhang Jiao’s brothers used his DW5 moveset, you can use them in empires, only unique thing about them was the moveset though
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: FireBall2645

FireBall2645
2 days ago#10
SB_ posted...
Is there any actual data for it like in Fire Emblem Warriors, where they found movesets and such for characters that were already a part of the story and later added in? I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Toei did this in one of the Nintendo collaborations, so I'm curious if they're as sloppy as last time on hiding it, just like how there was data for Tingle in the original HW well before his DLC released.
They had no control over what happened with FE Warriors because they were told at that last Minute to add 3 characters which meant other characters couldn’t be finished. Work on Navarre, Owain and Oboro ended when work on Lyn, Celica and Anna began.

As far as this, no I don’t think they were intends to be playable, even as important characters in the story they are never implied to go along with the heroes at any point in fact the opposite is true since they are always somewhere else for research.
The Hills are alive with the silence of a Ninja
Wonderful 102 will happen "The impossible is possible when you're Wonderful Baby!"
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  3. Robbie & Purah taken out, so they can be sold back as paid DLCs.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A