• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  3. The english voice acting sounds so ameateurish

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 days ago#1
Where are they getting these people? Zelda and the King sound so forced and Impa just sounds like a normal person half-assedly reading her lines. Id figure Nintendo could spring for some professionals not random people they got from the office or whatever,
Hi

User Info: Ehw1

Ehw1
3 days ago#2
It's the same people that did the voices before.....
I am from Beyond. Slay your enemies and all you desire shall be yours.

User Info: ArkanaX

ArkanaX
3 days ago#3
Yeah it was bad in Breath of the Wild too. More so that the voice direction is terrible. Just change it to Japanese, or another language.

User Info: RevaliFan

RevaliFan
3 days ago#4
What specifically does anyone think is wrong with the voice acting? It seems like the voices are accurately synced with the animation for the English language, the voice actors' tone and mannerisms are appropriate for the characters and their lines, and the interactions are played out well without overlapping lines or awkward dead silence. Other than not liking it for the sake of not liking it, is there something specific you think is being done wrong?

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
3 days ago#5
Yeah I thought the voices were synced with the English cast. Really it’s just Zelda that bugs me personally.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: Banbrado

Banbrado
3 days ago#6
The dub is really bad, just switch it to Japanese.

User Info: AarturoSc

AarturoSc
2 days ago#7
Revali is good. Mipha is ok, Urbosa too. Daruk is kind of silly, but the Gorons are cartoony enough to make it work.

Impa sounds kind of off. Like some girl next door reading it without context of her character.
The King sounds like a younger man trying to sound older and British.

And Zelda... she's just really jarring to hear. She not only sounds like she's forcing a British accent too hard, but sounds like she always about to cry in any moment. And the worst part is, she sucks at making Zelda crying believable!
Simba hangs himself in the bootleg Lion King 5 game over screen.
Yeeh!
I'm disappointed they don't say lines though like people do in the Warriors games
If there is a game Mario is playable in, I main him. Official Mario of Smash 5 Boards.
Don't like politics? Too bad, it's-a Mario time.

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
2 days ago#9
AarturoSc posted...
Impa sounds kind of off. Like some girl next door reading it without context of her character.

I think the Problem is they weren't commited to making her sound like "a Ninja" because she has goofy moments, so her "neutral" performance comes of as weird.

Especially weird since they can make Ninja's sound pretty cool if they want to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Aw3kL68J4

User Info: kaoticusanta

kaoticusanta
2 days ago#10
I find Zelda insufferable but I'd say it's not so much because of an inherent "weakness" in the voice acting and more because I don't like the direction they took.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
  3. The english voice acting sounds so ameateurish
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A