• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  3. Why isn't Mario 64 the DS version with the extra stars?

User Info: DARK ANDY

DARK ANDY
1 week ago#1
What a bummer, I hope they release it as DLC later.
*points to self* "Superstar..." *points to everybody else* "..LOOOSER!"
http://www.youtube.com/user/DARKISANDY MY V-LOGS

User Info: Mudonis

Mudonis
1 week ago#2
I can agree.

Or at least have the extra levels and stars from DS.

Don't forget me!!!

User Info: Crowmere

Crowmere
1 week ago#3
Probably because it isn't as nostalgic/good?

Sure it had extra characters, but it was annoying that certain power-ups and even stars were only able to be completed by a certain character.

User Info: Mudonis

Mudonis
1 week ago#4
Crowmere posted...
Probably because it isn't as nostalgic/good?

Sure it had extra characters, but it was annoying that certain power-ups and even stars were only able to be completed by a certain character.
Yeah I can definitely understand that one.

Have all the stars adapted to be obtained by just Mario (hell most of original stars were just changed to different characters because of how the powerup flower worked).
Don't forget me!!!

User Info: PaperSplash

PaperSplash
1 week ago#5
PaperSplash posted...
I prefer the DS version for the most part but for a straight emulation the N64 version makes more sense. The graphics scale a lot better to HD since they were actually made for a TV screen and have built-in texture filtering. It's blocky, sure, but definitely still crisp and smooth. With the DS version playing it at anything above the original resolution (even on the 3DS to an extent) reveals some very noticeable jagged lines. And then there's the double-screen setup and lack of analog movement, which would be especially jarring compared to the other two games. And no, you can't change those without heavy modifications to the game's code. I guess they could have still included it in addition to the original game, but speaking as a fan of the DS version it would be far from the definitive way to play it.

User Info: nightwing3415

nightwing3415
1 week ago#6
I honestly wondered about it. Does anyone remember how the old pokemon games played on the gamecube?
FC: 2509-3702-6687 IGN TRAE TSV: AS 0159 Y 2486 switch: SW-2123-90928731 http://tinyurl.com/nrbuer5

User Info: Gazza_X

Gazza_X
1 week ago#7
Because it sucks compared to the original.

User Info: TheeDeputy

TheeDeputy
1 week ago#8
Gazza_X posted...
Because it sucks compared to the original.
Jesus Christ people like this actually exist.

Oof.
"I Thought I Had It-- I Did. But I'm Just Fumbling Through."

User Info: Blusalina

Blusalina
1 week ago#9
Because the purists hate it. Probably because their fatasses couldn't touch the D-Pad on a tiny handheld.

Once again proving the monolith on this site with s*** opinions.

User Info: Splinter

Splinter
1 week ago#10
It worked for the system it was on but it just changes too much of the original, it almost feels like a different game.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario 3D All-Stars
  3. Why isn't Mario 64 the DS version with the extra stars?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A