• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: casper_0409

casper_0409
2 months ago#1
Would anybody be interested in a character guide for this game? Never written one before but I've weirdly fallen in love with this franchise

User Info: Kowashitai

Kowashitai
2 months ago#2
I'm surprised someone hasn't yet, Skynight listed out every characters' skills for the previous 4 Mercenaries titles. With Blaze's translations being just as misleading as in those titles and the new skill level preview to help you decide where to spend your SP, I don't know if it's necessary but having it for posterity and clarifying incorrect skill descriptions is a nice thought.

I tried doing something similar but got bored fact checking each skill.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11200ioukfqz0b0eFdlvDta1i-q4N2tZ2ld3MIoGWaW8/edit?usp=sharing

User Info: casper_0409

casper_0409
2 months ago#3
Your attempt is so much better than what I had imagined doing! Now that I've started I realize the skill preview makes it a little irrelevant. Only exception would be the "special" classes that are locked until bought with puzzle pieces, which could help people decide which class path to take for level 20+

User Info: Vandheer_Lorde

Vandheer_Lorde
4 weeks ago#4
I would honestly love that. Maybe with the required SP to master and your thoughts on each ability?
What did you expect? Did you expect victory? I will rise to godhood and you will die alone. That is all...

Kowashitai
4 weeks ago#5
You could just savescum Puzzle Piece use to figure out what you want to invest in, but I also don't have the PC port for accurate skill effects.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1582510/discussions/0/3076503001091279380/
Mandatory Special Classes: Lester, Dalton, Kathryn (usable in both routes)
Mercenary Route
Alvah's Champion is the best Leader Skill in the game since you can take 0 damage from physical and magical attacks via synethesis (you just have to worry about Instant Death), and increasing your stats is always helpful.
Magus!Melissa's Thunderstorm works with her Blaze Exceed.
Hermit!Xan gives him Korapus, as Melissa and Faye get Weaken for Status -25%.
Knight Route
Jake's Brave Knight is the second best Leader Skill since you won't have Champion!Alvah on Knight route.
Pamela is busted with both her special classes, Descent with Silence resistance and Quick Shoot for Fire Emblem Awakening Galeforce kill chains.
Faye's Propheptess is great for Liberation, which works like Eunice's (Mercenaries Wings, Leave Route) AoE Status +% skill (Bless is single target in this game).
I think otherwise it's not too notable or samey from the prequels, just grab relevant active and passive skills.
Everywhere else, I'm VertVentus.
(message deleted)

Vandheer_Lorde
4 weeks ago#7
Kowas***ai posted...
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11200ioukfqz0b0eFdlvDta1i-q4N2tZ2ld3MIoGWaW8/edit?usp=sharing

Why are some of the names written in katakana?
What did you expect? Did you expect victory? I will rise to godhood and you will die alone. That is all...

Kowashitai
4 weeks ago#8
I wanted to spoiler protect it since I really like the Knight route, but I can change it now.
Everywhere else, I'm VertVentus.

Vandheer_Lorde
4 weeks ago#9
That's an interesting way of doing it.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A