• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mercenaries Blaze: Dawn of the Twin Dragons
  3. How are the Mercenaries game linked story wise?

User Info: AndersXion

AndersXion
2 months ago#1
I think I read all the Mercenaries Saga games are set in the same world, are there recurring characters or enemies? Is this game set in a region where another entry was set before?

User Info: Cidastor

Cidastor
2 months ago#2
Hmm.

Mercenaries 3 has some cameos of characters from part 2 IIRC.

Classes are pretty much the same in all the games with variations.
The 3ds Mercenaries Saga 2 to the remaster in the trilogy has some changes though.
Might be the same for part 3 as well haven't played Switch version yet.

The games recycle alot of stuff.

Really these games are probably super cheap to make for the devs at this point.
I'm not a true gamer. I like to think a lot. I own and play a LOT of games. But I'd rather not be some fanboy bent over taking turns for their corporate masters

User Info: AndersXion

AndersXion
2 months ago#3
Cidastor posted...
Hmm.

Mercenaries 3 has some cameos of characters from part 2 IIRC.

Classes are pretty much the same in all the games with variations.
The 3ds Mercenaries Saga 2 to the remaster in the trilogy has some changes though.
Might be the same for part 3 as well haven't played Switch version yet.

The games recycle alot of stuff.

Really these games are probably super cheap to make for the devs at this point.
Are Phoenix and Dawn of the Twin Dragons set in the same world as 1-3? Are there recurring characters and things like that, if you noticed any?

User Info: Kowashitai

Kowashitai
2 months ago#4
Wings and Blaze are different places with no returning characters.
Wings mentions the Kingdom of Dryden is located on the northern continent, but I don't think it's the same northern continent as the one in Saga since Fornea was dominated by the Flare Kingdom (and then moved onto the southern continent Kirialos, while I don't think the name of the western continent Claude originates from is ever mentioned).
Blaze brings up a different kingdom, Euros and its neighbor Westa, but its hunting god is Artemis and not Salunde for the rare bow/hat/cloak. That's a different theology entirely, despite Blacksmith of the Sand Kingdom's efforts to name all 13 gods used in Rideon's other games.
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Mercenaries Blaze: Dawn of the Twin Dragons
  3. How are the Mercenaries game linked story wise?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A