• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. Is this game (or MW 2019) worth it at 35% off?

User Info: Ammo25

Ammo25
3 weeks ago#1
This or MW 2019?

Mainly for multiplayer (don’t care much for zombies). And I haven’t played COD since MW2.

User Info: Grizzmeister

Grizzmeister
3 weeks ago#2
Ammo25 posted...
This or MW 2019?

Mainly for multiplayer (don’t care much for zombies). And I haven’t played COD since MW2.

Yes, multiplayer is a blast especially if you're a fan of Black Ops 1 and 2. I own both MW 2019 and Black Ops Cold War but haven't touched MW 2019 since I got Cold War about 3 weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I like MW 2019 too but Cold War just feels more satisfying to me right now.
Speaking on condition of anonymity.

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
3 weeks ago#3
probably be a free weekend next week when season 3 starts. find out for yourself.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
3 weeks ago#4
No. Neither are worth it. Multiplayer in COD hasn't been decent (key word: decent) since Black Ops 3. The last GOOD multiplayer experience was Black Ops 2.

MW2019 has the best gameplay, but the worst maps. This game has only marginally better maps but worse gameplay. It is just about as mediocre as MW2019.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Leo
I know the time of darkness will come someday, but I will fight it 'till the day I die!

Grizzmeister
3 weeks ago#5
Vulcan422 posted...
No. Neither are worth it. Multiplayer in COD hasn't been decent (key word: decent) since Black Ops 3. The last GOOD multiplayer experience was Black Ops 2.

MW2019 has the best gameplay, but the worst maps. This game has only marginally better maps but worse gameplay. It is just about as mediocre as MW2019.

Wow, @Vulcan422 you're tough.

I actually enjoy playing Black Ops Cold War and even went back and played some Black Ops 2 on my PS3 for comparison. Overall I feel like Cold War plays like the logical evolution of what made BO2 so addictive. Kinda wish I had a PS5 so I can experience the higher framerate option on my Samsung Q80R.

User Info: StraydoG

StraydoG
3 weeks ago#6
Grizzmeister posted...
Wow, @Vulcan422 you're tough.

I actually enjoy playing Black Ops Cold War and even went back and played some Black Ops 2 on my PS3 for comparison. Overall I feel like Cold War plays like the logical evolution of what made BO2 so addictive. Kinda wish I had a PS5 so I can experience the higher framerate option on my Samsung Q80R.

That's the way I see this game too.

As everyone else has stated, if you like BO1/BO2 you should enjoy CW.

User Info: Jimbeamjunior

Jimbeamjunior
3 weeks ago#7
Ammo25 posted...
This or MW 2019?

You should try zombies again as the outbreak mode is tremendous fun, i never liked zombies until that mode came out
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
History will be kind to me for i intend to write it

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
3 weeks ago#8
The fact that this is a question people need to ask.

Here's the gist of it. Do you want modern guns or cold war era guns?

Do you want modern killstreaks, or cold war era killstreaks?

The rest of the comparisons are useless. OH that game has a longer TTK, that game has a shorter TTK ... That game has this perk, and that other game has this perk.

Blah blah blah ... you'll still bunny hop to kill someone, and you'll still abuse the f*** out of sliding to maintain your momentum and you still need to have good aim to kill your enemies. Its COD for crying out loud ... they're all the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfIagECm6BI updated 09/04/2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHLq6nHQmk Apex Legends - Here come the warriors by Unsecret

Grizzmeister
3 weeks ago#9
Modern Warfare 2019 feels like a next-gen reinterpretation of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Cold War pays similar homage to Black Ops II. Both MW2019 and CW are visceral treats for the senses but I really believe that Cold War pushes the envelope a touch more. Some maps are a little lackluster but Nuketown is included so what more can you ask for.

User Info: Jimbeamjunior

Jimbeamjunior
2 weeks ago#10
Can also play zombies solo as well
Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts
History will be kind to me for i intend to write it
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. Is this game (or MW 2019) worth it at 35% off?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A