• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. How much does bullet velocity matter? (Using xm4)

User Info: burdi1ar

burdi1ar
1 month ago#1
I've seen YouTube vids talking about how bullet velocity is uber important. But when I've been messing around with various barrels (both the 30% increase and the 100% increase barrels for the xm4, although it's more like 15% & 85% since I always use that first suppressor on every class). And tbh I don't know if I can tell a huge difference. Do any of u notice much of a difference in using the various velocity increasing barrels? Do u use em at all?
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

User Info: chief606

chief606
1 month ago#2
In warzone it's pretty much 100 percent necessary. Max velocity because the map is so huge, and most gun fights are at long distances. In multiplayer? It doesn't really matter at all.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#3
chief606 posted...
In warzone it's pretty much 100 percent necessary. Max velocity because the map is so huge, and most gun fights are at long distances. In multiplayer? It doesn't really matter at all.
This. Focus your builds on Velocity if you're doing anything Warzone related or Combined Arms/Ground War. For MP, focus on damage and effective range.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Leo
I know the time of darkness will come someday, but I will fight it 'till the day I die!

User Info: burdi1ar

burdi1ar
1 month ago#4
I knew it! I knew having extra velocity made no difference (I mostly play just standard mp)! Thank ya both
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

User Info: StraydoG

StraydoG
1 month ago#5
burdi1ar posted...
I knew it! I knew having extra velocity made no difference (I mostly play just standard mp)! Thank ya both

Yeah those guys are right. SMGs with low velocity its generally good to boost a little in 6v6, ARs are fine. The only time you will notice it is when you are trying to shoot someone at quite a distance like on satellite then you will need to lead your shots or sniping at super long range you will notice that split second with the bullet to hit.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. How much does bullet velocity matter? (Using xm4)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A