• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. They desperately need to fix the scoring system in objective based game modes.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#41
Machine1136 posted...
Yes, it is. I know you wouldn't know that, but yes, it is.
Prove it.
Depoinvil posted...
The problem is the not the scoring, it's the community itself. Always has been. I'm baffled as to why CoD games even bother having objective game modes. The moment that it was decided that the satisfaction of killing numerous people with your primary/secondary/explosives without dying is not enough and you had to be rewarded with helicopters, gunships, advanced UAVs and all the bull**** in between was when it was guaranteed that we would always have a problem of players ignoring objectives to improve their kill count.

This game, along with every other CoD game, works EXACTLY as intended.
Not when the incentives are lackluster. Streaks in this game are not fun to earn or even use.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Leo
I know the time of darkness will come someday, but I will fight it 'till the day I die!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#42
Vulcan422 posted...
Prove it.

Days of fun for me so far is all the proof I need. It's no LawBreakers, but still fun.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Depoinvil

Depoinvil
1 month ago#43
Machine1136 posted...
Days of fun for me so far is all the proof I need. It's no LawBreakers, but still fun.

Man I wish LawBreakers did good. I had fun playing it but the community died almost instantly.
"Every morning I wake up and put one foot on the ground and the other up the ass of a 12 year old Indonesian girl" -- Ed Wuncler I
Depoinvil posted...
The problem is the not the scoring, it's the community itself. Always has been. I'm baffled as to why CoD games even bother having objective game modes. The moment that it was decided that the satisfaction of killing numerous people with your primary/secondary/explosives without dying is not enough and you had to be rewarded with helicopters, gunships, advanced UAVs and all the bull**** in between was when it was guaranteed that we would always have a problem of players ignoring objectives to improve their kill count.

This game, along with every other CoD game, works EXACTLY as intended.

It's definitely the scoring. The main reason is because of how much faster killstreaks get points vs playing the objective. The risk/reward is so lopsided here.

There's little to no risk playing outside lanes, and picking people off as they run to objectives. You're in way less danger doing that and you get streaks fast thanks to the multiplier.

There's a ton of risk playing the objective though and the problem is you barely get any points for doing so. There's all this risk but hardly any reward.

So if they buffed score gained for taking/holding objectives, it's not gonna make everyone become a team player. But it will reward OBJ players more and give them a better experience.
God's lonely man

User Info: Depoinvil

Depoinvil
1 month ago#45
Malevolent_Moon posted...
It's definitely the scoring. The main reason is because of how much faster killstreaks get points vs playing the objective. The risk/reward is so lopsided here.

There's little to no risk playing outside lanes, and picking people off as they run to objectives. You're in way less danger doing that and you get streaks fast thanks to the multiplier.

There's a ton of risk playing the objective though and the problem is you barely get any points for doing so. There's all this risk but hardly any reward.

So if they buffed score gained for taking/holding objectives, it's not gonna make everyone become a team player. But it will reward OBJ players more and give them a better experience.

Good points and you're right. I can't deny that.
"Every morning I wake up and put one foot on the ground and the other up the ass of a 12 year old Indonesian girl" -- Ed Wuncler I

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#46
Malevolent_Moon posted...

Indeed, this would be a lot better than what we have now. Bring it more in line with older Black Ops games.

Sadly, it'll never happen, because Activision loves to psychologically torture their fanbase.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Leo
I know the time of darkness will come someday, but I will fight it 'till the day I die!

User Info: hessrick23

hessrick23
1 month ago#47
Machine1136 posted...
They're worth whatever amount they advance you to the win. Sorry you need big numbers on a scoreboard to feel validated.
It's not about big numbers. Its about being rewarded for playing the game right. By the way, why are you such a duche? Are you such a losers that you have to sit on gamefaqs and br a dick?

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#48
hessrick23 posted...
why are you such a duche

I'm not familiar with the term. Referring to the Netherlands? Or perhaps Cornwall or Sussex in origin?
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Trump_2024

Trump_2024
1 month ago#49
Vulcan422 posted...
Indeed, this would be a lot better than what we have now. Bring it more in line with older Black Ops games.

Sadly, it'll never happen, because Activision loves to psychologically torture their fanbase.
I think the poster you are replying to is mentally ill. I hope he seeks help soon.

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 month ago#50
I’m having trouble understanding why prioritizing kills is casual?? Casuals don’t get that many kills, wouldn’t an extremely easy thing like standing on an objective be casual since anyone can do it??

also, one of the reasons I like battlefield so much is they reward teamwork and objectives way more than kills and you can pretty easily top the scoreboard without doing much shooting at all
Quit Crying
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. They desperately need to fix the scoring system in objective based game modes.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A