• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. SBMM has always been in COD, they just turned it to the MAX

User Info: The_Big_Deek

The_Big_Deek
2 months ago#1
I think they have matchmaking on a dial of skill basis for lobbies and they decide whether to turn it up high or leave it low, so you have lobbies with all total noobs and lobbies with all sweaty tryhards.

Usually they had the dial set at 50% from either group, but now they raised to to the MAX. who knows why they did that.
My Uncle is an Attorney; I WILL SUE YOU if you INFRINGE on my RIGHTS. Its called the FREEDOM OF SPEECH in the First Amendment!

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
2 months ago#2
we already know this

https://charlieintel.com/treyarch-dev-says-all-cod-games-have-had-sbmm-says-it-can-be-tuned/62554/

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 months ago#3
Yeah, it's just a big, ratiometric dial with "noobs" on one side and "sweats" on the other. That's exactly what the testing indicates.

"This one goes up to 11!"
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
2 months ago#4
An SBMM thread.

Well guess we already know whose going to post in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfIagECm6BI updated 09/04/2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHLq6nHQmk Apex Legends - Here come the warriors by Unsecret

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
2 months ago#5
Apparently the SBMM is stronger in public than in league play, lol.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: kgrc

kgrc
2 months ago#6
They turned it to max from aw onwards , the series has been around for so long it has plenty of vets playing and was getting harder and harder to keep new players interested when they were getting pub stomped every game.

Sbmm is there to keep new players and build on the player base by putting you vs the same skill players rather than coming in new and facing off against 10 year vets and having a horrible time with the game, moving on quickly and not buying the next 1.

Sad reality is its turned the game for anyone half decent into a sweat fest and killed the enjoyment of mixed lobbies, even if you was good it wasnt like you would win every game unless u had a crew of sweats with you but as time passed that became the norm and is another reason sbmm was implemented.

Bottom line the good old days of cod are dead especially for good solo players, battle royale is where the cash is and will be the main focus moving on and we basically need a new fps from to freshen things up at this point.
Dislike and unsubscribe

User Info: MikuXII

MikuXII
2 months ago#7
kgrc posted...
They turned it to max from aw onwards , the series has been around for so long it has plenty of vets playing and was getting harder and harder to keep new players interested when they were getting pub stomped every game.

Sbmm is there to keep new players and build on the player base by putting you vs the same skill players rather than coming in new and facing off against 10 year vets and having a horrible time with the game, moving on quickly and not buying the next 1.

Sad reality is its turned the game for anyone half decent into a sweat fest and killed the enjoyment of mixed lobbies, even if you was good it wasnt like you would win every game unless u had a crew of sweats with you but as time passed that became the norm and is another reason sbmm was implemented.

Bottom line the good old days of cod are dead especially for good solo players, battle royale is where the cash is and will be the main focus moving on and we basically need a new fps from to freshen things up at this point.
nah you could still carry games in MW playing solo if you're good enough, I literally got 3 chopper gunners and vtols in scrapyard while my team was getting curbstomped and turned the match around

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 months ago#8
MikuXII posted...
nah you could still carry games in MW playing solo if you're good enough, I literally got 3 chopper gunners and vtols in scrapyard while my team was getting curbstomped and turned the match around

Cool man, post the video!
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: MikuXII

MikuXII
2 months ago#9
Machine1136 posted...
Cool man, post the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urbei9hcTYY

User Info: hyperpowder

hyperpowder
2 months ago#10
kgrc posted...

Yeah we get why it's there, but it's not right and sucks the fun out this game. I used to get stomped in Black Ops 1 and MW2 but I took it on myself to get better and it became one of my favorite gaming series.

Problem is I'm getting older and have different priorities in life than sitting all day on CoD. I'm still decent at the game but I dont care about my K/D and really just like grinding camos now. Yet I'm still getting some of the hardest lobbies I've seen in CoD.
Whoever beats my score I will give them a $10 PSN or Live card:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpiorAx40GY
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. SBMM has always been in COD, they just turned it to the MAX
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A