• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: geniusnake

geniusnake
1 month ago#11
Vulcan422 posted...
Treyarch just doesn't care. They put all their effort into modes that aren't multiplayer-related, like Campaign and Zombies. They put all their effort into Blackout when they made Black Ops 4, and it shows.

Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer appear to be the only ones who actually care about Multiplayer since they don't have any side mdoes worth mentioning, except of course for Infinity Ward's Warzone which is superior to Blackout in every way.

i agree with you at 100%. SInce the battle royal modes came up the standard mp turned out in complete garbage. Horrendous maps, super unbalanced weapons, horrible hit detection and netcode and the cherry in the top of the cake: SBMM which completed killed the main core of cod: FUN. These 3 last mp cods are a complete abomination

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#12
geniusnake posted...
i agree with you at 100%. SInce the battle royal modes came up the standard mp turned out in complete garbage. Horrendous maps, super unbalanced weapons, horrible hit detection and netcode and the cherry in the top of the cake: SBMM which completed killed the main core of cod: FUN. These 3 last mp cods are a complete abomination
Yep. The age of classic shooters is dead and buried. Over time the genre has become a hollow shell of its former glory. We'll never see another game like older CODs or even Halo in our lifetimes ever again, because the shooter genre has gone full Hollywood and only follows trends.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: Reptile202

Reptile202
1 month ago#13
I just don't get the SBMM. Maybe I'm missing something?

I had a match where the 3 highest ranking folks in the lobby had a rank of 400+, all 3 of them were placed on the same team, they won the match, and all 3 of them placed in the top 3 of their team.

I think the highest ranking guy we had on our team was in the 200 range.

Vulcan422
1 month ago#14
Team balance went out the window a long time ago. What the game no longer shows you is that Quick Play is now basically Ranked Play with the serial numbers filed off. You are divided into skill brackets based on stats, and the higher your stats go, the harder your matches will be and the more likely you will run into the same people over and over again because there's fewer people in the skill bracket which you have unknowingly climbed to. This is in stark contrast to how the matchmaking was originally, where it instead just prioritized better connections.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#15
Have you jokers yelled at the young whippersnappers to get off your lawns yet?
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Alexanaxela

Alexanaxela
1 month ago#16
git off may kid you lawns!
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

User Info: geniusnake

geniusnake
1 month ago#17
Vulcan422 posted...
Team balance went out the window a long time ago. What the game no longer shows you is that Quick Play is now basically Ranked Play with the serial numbers filed off. You are divided into skill brackets based on stats, and the higher your stats go, the harder your matches will be and the more likely you will run into the same people over and over again because there's fewer people in the skill bracket which you have unknowingly climbed to. This is in stark contrast to how the matchmaking was originally, where it instead just prioritized better connections.

Today i played against the same party of 5 two matches in a row. Im figuring out that each time i play more this game the harder is getting. At the beginning i was doing well and winning a lot of matches but know is countless looses in a row where my team gest absolutely destroyed. There isnt a single game where i dont face parties of 3 or more players

User Info: Reptile202

Reptile202
1 month ago#18
geniusnake posted...
Today i played against the same party of 5 two matches in a row. Im figuring out that each time i play more this game the harder is getting. At the beginning i was doing well and winning a lot of matches but know is countless looses in a row where my team gest absolutely destroyed. There isnt a single game where i dont face parties of 3 or more players
Or for me, I'm placed in a match where my team is losing by well over half. A lot of times it just doesn't seem like I'm getting placed in a match where both sides are around the same skills, but doesn't the new system supposed to be doing that?

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#19
Reptile202 posted...
A lot of times it just doesn't seem like I'm getting placed in a match where both sides are around the same skills, but doesn't the new system supposed to be doing that?

There is no "new system", just a bunch of half-baked theories and the same old protected bracket.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

Vulcan422
1 month ago#20
Machine1136 posted...
There is no "new system", just a bunch of half-baked theories and the same old protected bracket.
There absolutely is a new system. COD matchmaking never worked this way before. SBMM did not operate in this fashion during the old days, and never has. It prioritized connection quality over stats and matches were generally more even in how they played out. A single player had the potential to carry their team.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A