• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. I cannot take the aim assist pull anymore!

User Info: Depoinvil

Depoinvil
4 weeks ago#31
Vulcan422 posted...
This is literally the worst advice. Shooters on console need aim assist in order to function properly, to account for the inaccuracy of controllers compared to a mouse.

I find it hilarious that, at least for CoD, people don't understand this. Playing Call of Duty on console without any aim assist whatsoever is damn near impossible if you want to compete with everybody else. I'm convinced that 95% of the player base in CoD actually does use aim assist. There's no way that literally every shootout you happen to lose features a kill cam where you can tell that the other guy's gun was immediately directed at your center mass the second he pressed his ADS button with little to no need to move the sticks.

I don't know about all console shooters but you definitely need aim assist in CoD. There's just no going around it.
"James Harden is one of the main reasons why no one respects modern basketball." -- GS4Life

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
4 weeks ago#32
Vulcan422 posted...
How exactly is my logic atrocious, and how have I been wrong?

"Activision is encouraging cheating actively!"

"Activision is encouraging cheating actively by being inactive!"

"Activision actively bans cheaters, but not frequently enough!"

"Cheaters are going to cheat even if actively banned!"

"Activision should do more so cheaters stop cheating!"
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

Machine1136
4 weeks ago#33
Depoinvil posted...
Playing Call of Duty on console without any aim assist whatsoever is damn near impossible if you want to compete with everybody else.

I've done it in a reasonably controlled study in WW2. My KD with aim assist over the course of a full prestige was 1.5. My KD without aim assist over the course of a full prestige was 1.2. It's not "damn near impossible" to play without it, but it is definitely more difficult.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#34
Machine1136 posted...
"Activision is encouraging cheating actively!"

"Activision is encouraging cheating actively by being inactive!"

"Activision actively bans cheaters, but not frequently enough!"

"Cheaters are going to cheat even if actively banned!"

"Activision should do more so cheaters stop cheating!"
I don't see any flaw in that logic. Activision doesn't even try to stop cheaters, even though they should. The bans they put out are very minimal, and they should increase the scope like what Blizzard does for Overwatch. Hell, even put in a functioning anti-cheat system if they must.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

Machine1136
4 weeks ago#35
Vulcan422 posted...
Activision doesn't even try to stop cheaters

Vulcan422 posted...
they should increase the scope like what Blizzard does

Activision is Blizzard.

Vulcan422 posted...
Activision doesn't even try to stop cheaters, even though they should.

So your logic is "Cheaters are going to cheat, even if they are lightly banned, but banning them harder will stop them"?

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#36
Machine1136 posted...
Activision is Blizzard.
Yes. But the team that runs Overwatch specifically has handed out much more frequent bans on PC than Activision themselves have handed out on any of the recent CODs when it comes to cheaters.
So your logic is "Cheaters are going to cheat, even if they are lightly banned, but banning them harder will stop them"?
Yes.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

Machine1136
4 weeks ago#37
Vulcan422 posted...
The team that runs Overwatch specifically has handed out much more frequent bans on PC than Activision themselves have handed out on any of the recent CODs when it comes to cheaters.

And ... do the cheaters still cheat at Overwatch?

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#38
Machine1136 posted...
And ... do the cheaters still cheat at Overwatch?
Not as much as they used to. They are only in limited quantity now, in addition to the types of cheats they used.

User Info: Daemon_10

Daemon_10
4 weeks ago#39
Mouse and key is cheating.

Vulcan422
4 weeks ago#40
Daemon_10 posted...
Mouse and key is cheating.
In console games where support for them is not available, yes.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. I cannot take the aim assist pull anymore!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A