• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. I cannot take the aim assist pull anymore!

User Info: Dooshy

Dooshy
1 month ago#1
Why does this happen all the time for no freaking reason??? Aiming right at someone and it pulls hard left or right...just infuriating!

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#2
Default aim assist is much too sticky. I switched to legacy as soon as it became available since it's closer to MW2019 and Warzone's aim assist. Gives me more aim control to stay on target.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: Dooshy

Dooshy
1 month ago#3
It even pulls when throwing grenades, like WTF Treyarch? I mean it pulls HARD for NO REASON, it is not my controller either and no other COD does this, just Cold War.

Vulcan422
1 month ago#4
Could be the algorithm they have put into the game alongside the SBMM. Go look it up. It randomly adjusts parameters of the game mid-match according to skill level, including aim assist precision. It will actually go into negative aim assist where you have to actively fight against it in order to stay on target.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#5
Turn it off if it's so detrimental.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

Vulcan422
1 month ago#6
Machine1136 posted...
Turn it off if it's so detrimental.
This is literally the worst advice. Shooters on console need aim assist in order to function properly, to account for the inaccuracy of controllers compared to a mouse.

Machine1136
1 month ago#7
Vulcan422 posted...
This is literally the worst advice. Shooters on console need aim assist in order to function properly, to account for the inaccuracy of controllers compared to a mouse.

Yeah, just like you need to cheat.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)

Vulcan422
1 month ago#8
Machine1136 posted...
Yeah, just like you need to cheat.
Aim assist isn't cheating, though.

Machine1136
1 month ago#9
Vulcan422 posted...
Aim assist isn't cheating, though.

Cheating isn't cheating, since Activision makes you need it.

Vulcan422
1 month ago#10
Machine1136 posted...
Cheating isn't cheating, since Activision makes you need it.
That is what Activision wants, yes. More cheaters = more money for them. Ban a few on occasion to placate the gullible casual lemmings that play their games, the cheaters make new accounts and buy the game again, giving them more money.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. I cannot take the aim assist pull anymore!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A