• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. How do people not realize that SBMM doesn't prioritize latency?

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
1 month ago#1
Just had someone laugh at me because they never had heard that SBMM uses something other than latency to prioritize their games, as if this was some wild, unverified theory from the fringe.

Are people really that clueless as to how SBMM works?

Like it or not (and most don't), how else would it work? Do people think that those of the same skill level live the closest to you? Of course not.

That's why this awful game puts you in lobbies with people thousands miles away from you. And the better you are, the farther they have to reach to pull in people with similar skill.

I don't care whether you like SBMM (I don't see why anyone would) or no, but you can't argue that it doesn't affect your latency.

"Why do you come to this board if you don't like the game?" - Top comment made by idiots why game boards exist.

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#2
nuschler2212 posted...
Do people think that those of the same skill level live the closest to you?

Enough of them live closely enough to have little/insignificant effect on connection latency.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. How do people not realize that SBMM doesn't prioritize latency?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A