• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. The SBMM is so inconsistent in this game....

User Info: lolak

lolak
1 month ago#1
For some reason, I'm constantly thrown into rooms with sweaty 4+ prestige level 1000 tryhards who quickscope with pinpoint accuracy or jump/slide around with perfect accuracy which should be impossible. I'm first prestige level 40 with only a 1.37 K/D. It also doesn't help that even on the biggest f***ing maps in this game, I still get spawnkilled. Nuketown is basically unplayable now because of all the sweats rushing to spawn trap you and the game deciding not to flip the spawns so you get killed MULTIPLE TIMES. It's not fun. Not fun at all. I kinda regret asking for this game when someone offered to buy it for me for my birthday.

User Info: Chris_Hansen

Chris_Hansen
1 month ago#2
You just have to believe in yourself. SBMM isn't a feature, it's a state of mind. It stands for Stop b****ing My Man. Once you've mastered SBMM, you will no longer feel compelled to post on GameFAQ's about the ass whoopin' you just received. Instead you'll be back in the game going 63-4 without giving it a second thought.

I believe in you

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#3
What's inconsistent about it?
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
1 month ago#4
lolak posted...
For some reason, I'm constantly thrown into rooms with sweaty 4+ prestige level 1000 tryhards
Omg you remind me of a friend I play with.

I'm not "hip" to the lingo, he was killing me with "sweaty this, sweaty that".

I was dying.
sorry for my language.

User Info: kablamo

kablamo
1 month ago#5
lolak posted...
Nuketown is basically unplayable now because of all the sweats rushing to spawn trap you and the game deciding not to flip the spawns so you get killed MULTIPLE TIMES.
Its pretty easy not to play this map...
sorry for my language.

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#6
SBMM in past games was designed to give everyone a fair and equal chance at proving themselves, prioritizing connection quality and allowing everyone to shine on their own merit. The better player always wins, as in nature.

SBMM in this game is designed to protect bad players and punish good ones, making the experience "equal" by constantly forcing you into an endless vortex of 50/50 WLR and moderate KDR. Everybody wins, by losing.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky

User Info: nuschler2212

nuschler2212
1 month ago#7
Anyone that defends SBMM, which prioritizes your skill over connection, should be auto ignored.
"Why do you come to this board if you don't like the game?" - Top comment made by idiots why game boards exist.

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
1 month ago#8
1.37 kd is a above average kd

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
1 month ago#9
Vulcan422 posted...
SBMM in this game is designed to protect bad players and punish good ones, making the experience "equal" by constantly forcing you into an endless vortex of 50/50 WLR and moderate KDR.

I have a 1.58 W/L ratio in this game, all solo. You're wrong, again.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Vulcan422

Vulcan422
1 month ago#10
Machine1136 posted...
I have a 1.58 W/L ratio in this game, all solo. You're wrong, again.
Not possible, unless you're a tournament level/eSports player.
SF5: M. Bison, Urien, Seth | T7: Leroy, Kazumi, Dragunov | GBVS: Belial, Beelzebub | GGST: Nagoriyuki, Ky
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. The SBMM is so inconsistent in this game....
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A