• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. Whats the point of SBMM when...

User Info: StraydoG

StraydoG
2 months ago#1
The team splits are so garbage. Found I can almost always predict a loss looking at how the people are split. Quite often my team having 4 guys under level 44 (no ninja?) vs other team all at least 1st prestige.

Not talking bout close games, those are fine. The blow out type.

User Info: Xeed-HP

Xeed-HP
2 months ago#2
And once most players are all levelled up, you’ll start blaming their stats rather than their low levels.

Its the same christmas noobs cycle every year. You’d think people would relay back to the last COD they played and just project their experience into the current one.
The hunt for Yiazmat is Over. FFXII TZA platinumed.

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
2 months ago#3
StraydoG posted...
The team splits are so garbage. Found I can almost always predict a loss looking at how the people are split. Quite often my team having 4 guys under level 44 (no ninja?) vs other team all at least 1st prestige.

Not talking bout close games, those are fine. The blow out type.

Because the performance based matchmaking puts the best average players in the lobby on the other team, and thinks you can carry an entire team full the lower average players after you start playing well.

Skill based wouldn't be so bad if the lobbies were balanced. But this s*** where they put all the worst players in the lobby on the team with the a player who's performing well is just blatantly unfair.
"Whatever. Act how you want but you're just stooping to their level and you know it."

StraydoG
2 months ago#4
@Xeed-HP OK fair enough that's my recent example and common but even then other teams gets prestige XXX guys and my team full of 1st prestige. People playing before xmas.

@sadiztic666 its weird dont see why it cant be more fair say best player gets worst, 2nd best gets second to worst etc or something else to get it more even. That's assuming their stats are not hugely different.

StraydoG
2 months ago#5
Other team has prestige how knows what level 359. My team level 11, 19, 20, 22 lol. They had 1 level 20 guys and everyone else at least prestige 1.

User Info: DementedDurian

DementedDurian
2 months ago#6
I read the title wrong. I thought you said BSDM, not SBMM.
You can pick your battles, and you can pick your nose. But you can't pick your battle's nose.

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 months ago#7
Maybe there is no SBMM? If there were, how would chumps be in lobbies with skilled players?
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

StraydoG
2 months ago#8
@DementedDurian I dont know what the point of BDSM is either but hey if it floats ya boat, lol

@Machine1136 thats a good point, that's made me question it too. But I do swear this game hates me with match making

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
2 months ago#9
Does anyone notice SBMM is toned down?

I just played 5 matches and there were a lot of low level players in them and people who are just generally not that good, which hasn't happened since the first day of release.

Do you think they toned it down for the Christmas people so they don't quit the game right away?

Or is it just good players who got the game late, who are low levels and haven't unlocked anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZefu82Vus&ab_channel=BlameTruth-TheCODfather
"Whatever. Act how you want but you're just stooping to their level and you know it."

StraydoG
2 months ago#10
sadiztic666 posted...
Does anyone notice SBMM is toned down?

I just played 5 matches and there were a lot of low level players in them and people who are just generally not that good, which hasn't happened since the first day of release.

Do you think they toned it down for the Christmas people so they don't quit the game right away?

Or is it just good players who got the game late, who are low levels and haven't unlocked anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZefu82Vus&ab_channel=BlameTruth-TheCODfather

Seems like a mix to me but I reckon that is happening
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  3. Whats the point of SBMM when...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A