• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 months ago#51
Gietzy posted...
No, old CoDs are irrelevant.

Gietzy posted...
I played a lot of CoD back in the day. I went away for a while but since returning to MW last year and CW this year there has been a big difference.

So why did you bring them up first?

Gietzy posted...
What facts are there to tell us that the audience of the game is largely the same as its predecessor 10 years ago?

Machine1136 posted...
I've been playing now for 10 years, and many here have (or more than 10 years), and the fact that the game has sold 10s of millions every year for those 10 years points toward a pretty solid and continuous player base. Not identical, but significant continuity.

Beyond that, one does not have to play continuously for the past 10 years or more to have been learning CoD - the mechanics today are similar enough to those of many other years that the previous experience readily carries over if one has missed a few installments.

I underlined a few for you, to make it easier for you.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
2 months ago#52
Sorry but why does a game selling lots every year mean its the same people buying it each year? Again I ask what has old CoDs reusing maps got to with this CoD feeling like it has stronger SBMM than old ones? It’s just your suppositions. Why are your suppositions any better than mine?
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

User Info: Weiland101

Weiland101
2 months ago#53
It is like a rite of passage on this board that you have to get into a week long debate with Machine.

Machine1136
2 months ago#54
Gietzy posted...
Sorry but why does a game selling lots every year mean its the same people buying it each year?

Once again, I do not claim that only the same people buy it every year.

If a giant swath of people buy it every year - a big chunk of the number of consoles sold that can play it in the first place - it's almost certain that many of those buyers have also bought previous iterations.

This is a straightforward concept.

NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)

Machine1136
2 months ago#55
Gietzy posted...
Why are your suppositions any better than mine?

Because mine are derived from facts and are logically coherent. Yours are based on flimsy perceptions that you're not even willing to stand behind.

Gietzy
2 months ago#56
Machine1136 posted...
Because mine are derived from facts and are logically coherent. Yours are based on flimsy perceptions that you're not even willing to stand behind.

Still waiting for those facts? Please post them.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5

Machine1136
2 months ago#57
Gietzy posted...
Still waiting for those facts? Please post them.

Seriously? I previously underlined a few of them. You are struggling.

Gietzy
2 months ago#58
You haven’t underlined any facts. Please post facts that prove that 1) people are better at CoD now than they were 10 years ago, 2) A large proportion of people playing now were playing 10 years ago, 3) That there being remakes in othe CoDs means that this CoD feels like it has stronger SBMM than BO 2010 and 4) If you can prove any of them why that means that SBMM is the same as it was 10 years ago.

Machine1136
2 months ago#59
Gietzy posted...
You haven’t underlined any facts. Please post facts that prove

Facts are facts. Whether they "prove" anything is irrelevant to their status as facts.

Gietzy
2 months ago#60
Machine1136 posted...
Facts are facts. Whether they "prove" anything is irrelevant to their status as facts.

dont deny that. You still haven’t posted any facts to shpport your argument though, which is fine, it just means your argument is very week.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A