• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
3 months ago#31
@Gietzy

He's just a troll.

It's best to just block him.
"Whatever. Act how you want but you're just stooping to their level and you know it."

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
3 months ago#32
Gietzy posted...
So you accept that’s not what a normal distribution is?

A normal distribution is exactly what I said it was, and exactly what you referred to with a "bell curve", nunce.

By definition, 31% of players will be better or worse than the mean by one standard deviation or more in a normal distribution.

Gietzy posted...
What “facts” do you require for me to prove my point that I don’t like it but I’m not that bothered?

You're not that bothered, but definitely want to keep arguing about it here? No further facts are necessary.

Gietzy posted...
Does it matter whether the Treyarc devs who are employed by Activision implement the sbmm or other devs who you decide are different (although still payed by activision) implement the sbmm? It’s still been in every CoD.

Your "fact" that "it's been in every CoD" is only supported by a quote from the devs who did not write the code, so yeah - it does matter, in that your assertion is not well supported by the quote you provided.

Gietzy posted...
Why are you trying to disprove that I prefer the way the matchmaking was before?

I'm not trying to disprove your preference, as that would be non-sensical. I'm arguing that you have no actual concrete analysis that anything has changed with the matchmaking since "before".
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: Gietzy

Gietzy
3 months ago#33
Cool bro. I think the sbmm is slightly too strong. I preferred it before. It’s not a big deal.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5
PSN/XBLive: Willavom

Machine1136
3 months ago#34
Gietzy posted...
Cool bro. I think the sbmm is slightly too strong. I preferred it before. It’s not a big deal.

Great. If it's not a big deal, then refrain from calling people ignorant.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)

Gietzy
3 months ago#35
I think you’ve got issues.
My systems: SNES, GameBoy, Megadrive, PS1, N64, PS2, GCN, PS3, XBox360, Wii, WiiU, PS4, XBOne, Switch, PS5

Machine1136
3 months ago#36
Gietzy posted...
I think you’ve got issues.

With your help, I've already determined you have flawed thinking, so I'm unconcerned.

Gietzy
3 months ago#37
You need to reread my first post. You might notice the way I say “I feel”. What is flawed about describing how I feel? I’m not claiming that I understand the mechanics. If you don’t feel what I feel that’s fine. If you think there is as much or as little SBMM as there always was since COD4 MW, that’s fine. You just have to accept that there is a significant proportion of people who disagree.

Machine1136
3 months ago#38
Gietzy posted...
You need to reread my first post. You might notice the way I say “I feel”. What is flawed about describing how I feel?

You said you have some games (well, absurdly specifically, 3 in a row) where you "feel like a god", and that it "rarely feels just right".

I asked you to clarify, and you fell apart. That's the "flaw", in addition to the fact that feelings are inherently biased and untrustworthy.

Gietzy
3 months ago#39
OMG, that’s why you’re having a meltdown! Yes, I was saying that specifically the SBMM works by design to give you 3 very easy games then 3 very difficult games. I was being scientific, descriptive and expected to be taken 100% literally. The number is precisely 3, “Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached”

Machine1136
3 months ago#40
Gietzy posted...
I was being scientific, descriptive and expected to be taken 100% literally.

Ahh, the old fall back of the shyster - "I mean everything I say, but not literally". If you're going to use a number (twice!), then use a number (twice!) with intent.

However, even if you had not used a number (twice!) and instead just said "a few", I would have still asked you to clarify, and you still would have fallen apart.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A