• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: THINKb4uACT

THINKb4uACT
2 months ago#1
I know it Skill Based Match Making.
What does it exactly do?
What is the effect you feel in the game?
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!

User Info: BuyersRemorse55

BuyersRemorse55
2 months ago#2
It puts you against people of your own skill

it mainly hurts good players cause then every match is just a sweat fest try hards

it also effects groups of frriendS, if you party up your gonna be matched according to the best player in your group, so if your friends are trash there just gonna get owned and you prolly lose every match

it also gives you worse ping cause the game prioritizes skill match over connection

User Info: Zed7777ZR1

Zed7777ZR1
2 months ago#3
BuyersRemorse55 posted...
it mainly hurts good players cause then every match is just a sweat fest try hards
So what you're saying is ... These good players, are the sort of players who play any game on the easiest difficulty, and think they're the bets, right?

That checks out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfIagECm6BI updated 09/04/2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cHLq6nHQmk Apex Legends - Here come the warriors by Unsecret

User Info: BuyersRemorse55

BuyersRemorse55
2 months ago#4
Zed7777ZR1 posted...
So what you're saying is ... These good players, are the sort of players who play any game on the easiest difficulty, and think they're the bets, right?

That checks out.

nope, it just means you can’t play a casual few matches or try out new builds and attachments

you have to use the Meta to be competive such as the broken mp5 currently

and your missing the worst point is the fact you’ll always get gsmes with worse connections cause the higher skill pool is much smaller overall

activist on is trying g to protect all the yearly jabronies against the good players but it’s at the expense of another group

plus your odds of actually matching up with one of the top % of the world is pretty low even with just connection match making

and the connection issues also apply to bottom tier players cause there a smaller pool like the best players

User Info: Machine1136

Machine1136
2 months ago#5
THINKb4uACT posted...
What does it exactly do?

Nobody knows.

THINKb4uACT posted...
What is the effect you feel in the game?

Any aggravation you feel while playing is readily attributable.
NNID, PSN: Machine1136 (I also have a secondary account on PSN, but it's top secret)
ICE - $2B per year toward abusing human rights

User Info: patcooper114

patcooper114
2 months ago#6
the boogeyman

User Info: Lawmay

Lawmay
2 months ago#7
At the end of the day, who cares if a buncha streamers and youtubers can't pub stomp? Screw em.

However at the same time if it hurts connection in even the slightest, its horrible and needs to be done away with or changed.

Also as others have pointed out, theres something screwy with the sbmm in this. It seems like what it does is if you're doing well is stack the rest of your team with absolute scrubs. That also is a problem. Had a TDM where I went 29 and 3 and we still just barely won, I think one other person on my team had a positive ratio.
http://mightythorpartytime.ytmnd.com/

User Info: MetalRay

MetalRay
2 months ago#8
Lawmay posted...

Also as others have pointed out, theres something screwy with the sbmm in this. It seems like what it does is if you're doing well is stack the rest of your team with absolute scrubs.

This pretty much sums up my games lately.
Where Im the only one that seems to put effort in getting objectives, while my team is out doing something.
Also explains why there's a huge amount of enemy spy planes but rarely someone from my team using one.
Full videogame playthroughs, all in high quality recorded.
Online at: www.youtube.com/str00py

User Info: Alexanaxela

Alexanaxela
2 months ago#9
you know how sometimes you get killed while playing? That's skill based matchmaking
Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel's life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted.

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
2 months ago#10
I think the I went up a tier or something in the sbmm

every match now is a bunch of sweaty try hards

First week was classic fun with a wide variety of mstches
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A