It's weird how Tennant's first season...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Doctor Who
  3. It's weird how Tennant's first season...

User Info: Evilpolarbear

Evilpolarbear
5 months ago#21
Tennant had the worse first season of any NuWho Doctor. It really feels like Rusty didn't iron out what he wanted 10 to be so his characterization from episode to episode was flighty to say the least.

Aside from Tooth and Claw <3
Quiet! Do you know what I had to do to get this close to the bear?

User Info: Evilpolarbear

Evilpolarbear
5 months ago#22
Actually, after Girl in the Fireplace Season 2 takes a nosedive and doesn't recover until Army of Ghosts.

No episode after that, despite some nice moments here and there, gets above merely there.
Quiet! Do you know what I had to do to get this close to the bear?

User Info: Old Cloud

Old Cloud
5 months ago#23
Evilpolarbear posted...
Tennant had the worse first season of any NuWho Doctor. It really feels like Rusty didn't iron out what he wanted 10 to be so his characterization from episode to episode was flighty to say the least.

12 had the worst first season

that characterization was even worse
"You're Winner!" - Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
2f4ce551aaefd6fddec67084ac195fcc

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
4 months ago#24
I remember when I first started watching the series I loved Dr. 9 then when 10’s big special came he was asleep for most of it. Was a total drag. It took a while to pick up for me after that.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: OzymandiasIV

OzymandiasIV
4 months ago#25
Wario_man posted...
I remember when I first started watching the series I loved Dr. 9 then when 10’s big special came he was asleep for most of it. Was a total drag. It took a while to pick up for me after that.

Goddamn, 10's first episode was a real piece of s***, wasn't it?
Sucking at something is the first step to becoming sort of good at something.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 months ago#26
Old Cloud posted...
Evilpolarbear posted...

12 had the worst first season

that characterization was even worse

Agreed.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Wario_man

Wario_man
4 months ago#27
OzymandiasIV posted...
Wario_man posted...

Goddamn, 10's first episode was a real piece of s***, wasn't it?

Yup.
http://imgur.com/Ymr1psq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ytj88ZE.jpg

User Info: tacomoney

tacomoney
4 months ago#28
I think honestly one of the worst seasons in New Who was season 7, not because any of the episodes were "bad" per se. But none of them I would put on best ever episodes lists.

It was sort of a season of goodish mediocrity across the board.

Now there was good scenes from these episodes like comedy from Dinosaurs on a spaceship and The bells of St John , emotional scenes like Angels in Manhattan, incredible speech in Rings, great monster scenes in Cold War and a ton of nostalgia in The name of the Doctor.

BUTTTTTT on that same note I felt there was missed opportunities like Asylum where the old school dalek designs were squandered, The Power of Three's villian that came out of nowhere (stupid world wide necromancy) , Nightmare in Silver which should have been a classic with Gaiman heading it was bogged down by stupid kids and personally Journey to the Center of the Tardis is one of the biggest disappointments for recent Who where It felt like hardly any of the Tardis was explored by three very unlikable chaps and the whole episode essentially being a waste of time.

That's just my thoughts anyway.
"The Great Canadian Evil"
At your Service

User Info: Black Out

Black Out
4 months ago#29
OzymandiasIV posted...
AceMos posted...
the 12ths first season had 2 much worse episodes kill hte moon and that tree episode almos tback to back

Those episodes were far more tolerable than Love and Monsters and Fear Her.

I'd disagree, I found L&M far more tolerable than KtM.

I'd also chuck in the Zygon Inversion too.
The Official Manchester Black of the C&GN Board
"Fly me to the moon, and let me play among the stars. . . "
  1. Boards
  2. Doctor Who
  3. It's weird how Tennant's first season...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived