• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is it just me or Laura Bailey's Rise sounds like a mature girl?

User Info: bybyr

bybyr
1 month ago#1
I first played the english dub persona 4 in ps2, and I think it was superb. Later on I replayed Persona 4 undub version and everything sounds like the english dub, except Rise.

In the japanese version, Rise's voice seems artificially high pitched to make her sound like a cute, needy teenager as her role is to call you senpai.

Rise's english dub gave me different impression. It feels Rise in english dub sounds like a mature girl who is flirtatious to you just because she can, but in the end she can handle everything her own. I think Laura Bailey's overdid it.

That's how I would interpret it anyway, what do you think?
Member Since January 9th, 2005: mostly active in Saga Frontier boards. join our group! http://tinyurl.com/Sfgfaqs

User Info: Viggs

Viggs
1 month ago#2
Disclaimer I have only played the version that just came out on PC. Went in blind

Rise was my waifu. For me she was a character who knew how to use her flirtatious behavior to get what she wanted/needed. Her arc was learning who she was OUTSIDE of that pop star flirty persona. This is where she is unsure of herself, lacks confidence.

But she has strong character and as the game goes on she becomes comfortable with being flirty Rise and confident high school Rise. Bc she is truly both of those things. I thought the VA did a great job.

So that's my 2 cents

Viggs M.D. PGY-1 :D
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 4 Golden
  3. Is it just me or Laura Bailey's Rise sounds like a mature girl?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A